Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics to the global financial sector. We deliver services to over 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports over 50 data types, including email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, and mobile messaging.
We’ve won major awards for our growth, management, and culture – including the Deloitte Fast 50 Leadership Award, Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and the Deloitte-sponsored Canada’s Best Managed Companies awards. Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in seven other cities across the world, including London and other major financial centers like New York and Chicago.
We’ve recently expanded our London operations to better serve our UK and EU customers. Our brand-new, four-story EMEA headquarters at 45 Cannon Street (near St. Paul’s Cathedral) features state-of-the-art amenities, a spectacular view of the city, and a conference centre for customer events. More importantly, it’s the base of Global Relay’s next major technical initiative, and where we will be building our next-generation products. We currently have over 450 employees worldwide, with plans to grow the London office significantly and have a 150-strong team in London by 2020. The Development team in London will work alongside our Business teams, solving complex and exciting business and technical problems.
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. These opportunities include working alongside members of our senior leadership team, receiving mentoring from seasoned technology and business professionals, and doing business with the world’s largest, most influential banks and enterprise organizations.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.
As a Java Developer at Global Relay, you’ll be using leading edge technologies to build pioneering products that are used by tens of thousands of users globally to solve real world business problems. You also get to tackle interesting and engaging problems to do with scalability and high availability in big data environments. At Global Relay we are continuously pushing the boundaries of Java technology.
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best Java developers in our London office and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. Our software is developed by small, focused agile teams of developers and testers. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you’ll fit in around here.
Technologies in use:
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, Zookeeper)
- Serialization libraries (Thrift, Protocol Buffers)
- Large scale data processing (Hadoop, Kafka)
- Dependency injection frameworks (Guice, Spring)
- CQRS frameworks (Axon)
- Text search engines (Lucene, ElasticSearch)
- Work as part of an agile development team to write Java code for enterprise services
- Write unit and integration tests for your Java code
- Design, in collaboration with the team, the system architectures and software implementations that satisfy business requirements
- Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for Java code
- Develop deployment systems for Java based systems
- Document code and document detail designs
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
Technical Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years of core Java development experience
- Experience with the following:
- Agile development methodologies
- Network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Service oriented architecture
- Web services technology such as REST, JSON, or Thrift
- Multi-threaded programming
- Design patterns
- Test driven development
- Continuous integration systems
- Dependency injection containers
Think you’re a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at CAST
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Front-end developer at Browser
- Software Engineer at Orkestro
- Back-end developer (python) at Stasher
- Implementation Engineer at re:infer
- Head of Research & Development at ihorizon
- Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps at Arkk Solutions
- Web Developer / Database Manager / CTO at Transactor Systems