Lantum's products are used to organise the workforces delivering COVID vaccines across the UK.
We provide elegant & efficient clinical workforce management systems that enable GPs and hospitals to ensure there are sufficient clinicians to take care of patients, the wellbeing of staff - all whilst saving the organisation money.
An effective, intuitive and responsive user interface is essential to provide this, and so effective technical leadership of our frontend development is critical to our success.
We are looking for someone to lead our frontend development, ensuring that web and mobile applications are elegant and effective in supporting our users, and that the developers are supported in regards to best practices in development methodologies as well as exposing them to learning and development opportunities.
- Providing technical leadership and oversight for frontend development. This includes setting standards, adoption of best practices, mentoring and guiding other developers and ensuring consistency and high standards across the frontend product components and code base.
- The focus of this role is on web frontend development. Ideally the person fulfilling this role is able to provide similar guidance on mobile development (React Native) until such time as the scale of our mobile development justifies an independent lead.
- This role is not intended to be a people/line manager, although we would like to encourage people that may be interested in doing that to apply as well.
- You are expected to be in the code on a daily basis - providing an example of what great looks like. You should regularly ship large features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members.
What does success in 3 months look like?
- You have a strong grasp of the product, architecture and code base.
- You have worked effectively with your squad in delivering existing roadmap features, and have demonstrated that you can deliver features of a high complexity.
- You have consistently given helpful code reviews which maintain the quality of our codebase and strengthen our engineers. Other frontend developers now look to you for guidance on challenging technical areas.
- You have proactively raised impediments to our efficiency or effectiveness as a team, and started to propose solutions.
- You are thinking through the next stages of architecture that will enable the next stage of growth for the system. You are actively leading conversations around this.
- The ability to ensure quality (through testing or other measures) of the product and code shipped, efficiently, effectively and with a high cadence.
- Experience with performance and optimisation problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organisational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions.
- The ability to identify key issues that inhibit a team’s effectiveness and the ability to deliver product improvements at pace.
- Experience providing guidance or mentorship to more junior engineers.
- A predisposition to thrive in a startup environment.
Lantum is on a mission to transform how the healthcare workforce connects with global healthcare systems. Our platform uses advanced technology to better support healthcare organisations to schedule, truly connect with their workforce saving precious time and money and boosting workforce satisfaction.
Since launch, we have supported over 2,000 healthcare organisations and saved over £30 million for the NHS, as such we are the number one healthcare workforce management platform, by number of organisations in the UK. We are proud to have played a pivotal role in supporting the NHS throughout the pandemic, including managing the logistical features of scheduling the workforce to vaccinate the nation. We have consistent and strong growth, supportive VC backers and a talented team of passionate people, committed to positively impact people’s lives.
Lantum won the Amazon Web Services Digital Business of the Year Award, Digital Entrepreneur Award for Digital Innovation in the Public Sector, General Practice Awards for Digital Solution Provider of the Year) and more. We’ve been featured in the Telegraph, City AM, The Times, Health Investor, Harper’s Bazaar, New Statesman amongst other industry and national publications.
We are working fully remotely for the foreseeable future. Post-pandemic we will expect people to be able to work from our office to a sufficient extent that it enables effective planning and collaboration - we anticipate 1-2 days a week. Our office is currently located in Shoreditch.
We want every employee to live the core values of the business:
- More than me - Our goals are too big to achieve on our own so we have to pull together and rely on each other and collaborate. It's more fun that way.
- Care a lot - Doing the right thing is not optional (even when no one is watching). We care a lot about each other, our users, the NHS, outcomes. We hold each other to the highest standards and earn our reputation every day.
- See it thru - Excellence isn't a skill, it's a habit - an endless pursuit of excellence. We take pride in planning and execution of all types of work - doing the big stuff as well as the usual, unspectacular things spectacularly well, day in, day out.
- Think around corners - We are an innovator in our industry. Both big and small ideas, are our competitive advantage. All of us share a responsibility to challenge the status quo, think out of the box, think creatively, solve problems, and anticipate bumps.
- Bounce back & learn - Having a thirst for life, and to be the best in everything we do. Having a positive mental attitude, resilience, determination to win, and continually seeking ways to learn and improve.
Our benefits package consists of:
- Market competitive salary
- Post-pandemic flexible work arrangements
- 25 days’ annual leave plus an extra day off for your birthday
- £200 stipend towards home office equipment
- Enhanced parental leave, including 3 months of maternity leave at 100% salary and 3 months at 50% salary
- Health shield cash plan
- Pension (up to 4% matching)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Access to Spill, a mental health support app
We believe that a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you. All you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our mission.
Salary range £70,000 — 90,000
More like this
- Front End Web Developer at Rasa
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Coding Coach at Sigma Labs
- Front-end developer at Taylor/Thomas
- Shopify / CMS Senior Front-End Developer at Series Eight
- Senior Product Designer (Product Team Lead) at Helical Levity Ltd.
- Head of Marketing at Renude
- Full stack developer at Una Health
- Ios Swift Developer at Reeltime Apps