We’re Trouva, the marketplace for independent boutiques and Europe’s top e-commerce startup (we’ve got thetrophy to prove it). We are anti-chain and anti-same; we stand against the uniform and the ubiquitous. We exist to inspire, and we champion independence. Our vision? A thriving global community of independent shops and shoppers united by their passion for unique products.
We are backed by some incredible VC backers whose successes include Dropbox, ASOS, Secret Escapes & Facebook (Octopus Ventures, Index Ventures, BGF & LocalGlobe), and Angel investors including current/former Directors of Farfetch, JustEat, Net-a-Porter, Google & Deliveroo.
We are proud to be a tech start-up building the offline to online platform for bricks and mortar shops, handling inventory management, merchandising, AI-led recommendations, and logistics, to offer an even better service than the online giants - with instant click & collect, worldwide shipping and 1 hour delivery (our quickest was in just 22 minutes!). We’ve been covered everywhere from Vogue to TechCrunch and have been recognised by the likes of Maserati 100, the UK's Future Fifty and Forbes 30 Under 30.
We've recently been named one of the 5 fastest growing Companies the UK (The Next Web Tech5) and are on the hunt to find exceptional talent who share our vision and are fiercely passionate about what we do.
We’re looking for someone up for a unique logistical challenge. How can you build a world class global logistics network without a single warehouse or distribution centre? Where we seamlessly deliver a fantastic fulfilment experience for a customer anywhere in the world from boutiques all over the world.
Trouva is the only marketplace out there that maintains control of its distribution network rather than passing it over to our sellers. Fulfillment and delivery are integral parts of the customer experience and we don’t just want to optimise it, we want to elevate it. We’re passionate about providing a consistently high level of service and quality to all our customers and this role will involve taking ownership of the processes which allow us to achieve this.This role will also include a very active contribution to this growth process; optimising, scaling and finding new and innovative solutions to the problems we encounter along the way.
What you'll do
- Take a strategic approach to our logistics; defining and delivering upon our 3PL solutions in the UK and internationally
- Own all Commercial and Operational aspects of our Supplier Management including; couriers, DMP and software tools
- Drive the development of our global logistics network and customer delivery offer, seeking out new and innovative solutions to our unique challenges.
- Build out pricing and cost models to drive negotiations of key supplier contracts.
- Seek out additional customer services and build these out to implementation.
- Work closely with the Operations Director to map out process improvements and analyse data to identify opportunity for efficiencies.
- Work collaboratively with the Customer Operations function to troubleshoot any problems that may arise in the fulfilment process.
- Work closely with the Product team in the implementation of new services, API integrations and process developments
- Build and maintain structures to monitor financial KPIs and analyse impact of new initiatives.
- Develop scalable fraud detection and payments processes as part of Trouva’s rapid international growth strategy
- Work closely with Product and Business Operations teams in the development of new payment systems across international markets.
Who you are
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain management within a tech business, ideally e-commerce/marketplace.
- Motivated by Process Improvement and optimization to improve the Customer experience
- Demonstrated experience in Operational roles.
- Experienced in People Management, with the ability to motivate and develop a team.
- Proven abilities to use technology to improve and optimize process.
- Financial acumen and experience using data to guide commercial decision making processes
- Able to communicate effectively and offer and execute recommendations for change.
- A unique ability to forge strong relationships across teams.
- The ability to coordinate complex projects across teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and can navigate obstacles in a thoughtful, effective and efficient manner.
- Professional, reliable and flexible, able to stay calm under pressure
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Company pension
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide whatever you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox), unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk
More like this
- Project Manager at Borne Digital
- Back-end PHP (Laravel) Developer at Eventcube
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Head of Web Development at Forward Action
- Front-end Developer at Inktrap
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Operations Manager at OnCare
- Impact and Partnerships Manager at ImpactEd
- Data Analyst at Zero Deposit
- Marketing Director at Waggel