We are looking for an ambitious People Data Scientist to join our growing team. We are dedicated to help people be their best self, to cope better through the tough times and to beat burnout. We are looking for someone who is insatiably curious, hungry to see the world be a better place and who is creative to help us solve the big problems that need tackling in the mental wellbeing space. This is what we call a 'lynchpin role' - helping us to join up all things product, psychology and data to build intelligent mental wellness solutions that can scale and help millions of people.
As a People Data Scientist you will be responsible for developing psychological and data-driven approaches within our products and solutions to empower positive wellbeing. This role will work at the forefront of our research & development efforts, working in partnership with a number of expertise areas such as product, data, engineering, psychology and customer success, on our intelligent wellness platform, Okina.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join as you will be working on new ethically focused innovations being taken to market for a start-up with ambitious growth plans.
We exist to create a more caring world.
We are an award-winning intelligent wellness solution provider - helping people and organisations to beat burnout, build resilience and be at their best.
Our product, Okina, helps individuals manage & improve their mental wellbeing via an app alongside an analytics platform that helps organisations to understand wellbeing culture & risk factors at a macro level. We look beyond traditional subjective wellbeing measures to provide insight on more objective digital behavioural and communication data points that shed light on how healthy someone may be living and working. From this, we can provide highly personalised recommendations that feel more relevant and meaningful to help people take action on their mental wellbeing.
In short, help us change the world of mental health for the better.
- Take full ownership of joining up the world of data, psychology and product to deliver positive mental wellbeing outcomes
- Bring ideas, enthuasiasm and focus to how we prioritise product development and innovation - we want to hear your unique, unorthodox and/or unexpected views. Bring it on
- Work as a proactive member of our self organising, cross functional product development team to define, plan and build features - the team comprises product management, product design, full stack and react native engineering, data science, psychology and QA.
- Apply your expertise in psychology, research, quantitative analysis, data science, and data visualisation to help People Matter to develop, validate and improve our Intelligent Wellness products
- Bring nimbleness - moving between engaging and shaping inspiring strategic priorities to being very hands-on to stuff that just needs to get done
- Help us create products that change lives for the better
In a bit more detail - responsibilities include:
- Work with us to lead and develop exploratory and hypothesis-testing ideas - bring scientific approaches and rigour to inform recommendations to product development
- Collaborate with product and data engineers to define future data gathering requirements, data profiles, processes and priorities for research & development purposes. Specifically, you will work to measure indicators of both healthy living and working patterns using both objective digital data sources and subjective survey-led sources.
- Work closely with product and engineering to develop user-friendly data-visualisations and feedback loops to help users' make sense of their own data and take action
- Act as an advisor and subject matter expert internally and externally on our core IP, psychological approach and behavioural change (at the organization, group, and individual level)
- Provide support when required to Customer Success teams working with B2B customers to provide data-led insights and expertise
- Develop and champion ethical principles within all research and development work
- Conduct reproducible analyses and contribute to documentation and knowledge sharing
- Communicate statistical analyses and results, along with implications, to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Work with, learn from, and mentor other team members
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data and issues
- Analyse raw data: assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream processing
- Design accurate and scalable prediction algorithms
- Collaborate with engineering team to bring analytical prototypes to production
- Ideally masters-level or significant experience in a field emphasising people research (e.g., industrial/organisational psychology, organisational behaviour, economics, sociology, or other related degree) or, conducting quantitative people research in an organisation or consulting environment
- Deep understanding of predictive modeling, machine-learning, clustering and classification techniques, and algorithms
- Eexperience applying statistical methods such as linear and logistic regression, quasi-experimental research/causal inference techniques (e.g., propensity score matching, regression discontinuity), longitudinal analysis, or multilevel modeling
- Experience managing and analysing data using SQL or Python
- Experience communicating research findings to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
- An interest and understanding of product development, and an ability to communicate effectively with technical and creative teams in order to enable them to produce their best work
- A deep interest in digital and technology innovation
- A keen interest in mental wellbeing, mental health
- An authentic belief in our vision, core values, and ability to succeed
- Ideally, familiarity with Big Data frameworks and visualisation tools (Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark, Tableau)
- Employee share scheme
- £1,000 annual curiosity budget
- Flexi-Fridays - dedicated to help you be at your best, you can choose a 4 day week whenever you want it (no sign off needed) or use Friday's for personal development, deep work or creative projects. No meetings.
- Flexible Working - choose where you want to work (now and in post-COVID-dominated times) - we have base in Bournemouth and London, or you can work remotely. You'll be required to attend in person team meet-up days once or twice each month in Bournemouth or London (travel expenses covered).
- Team away days (COVID-permitting)
- 25 Days Holiday
Salary range £50,000 — 60,000
Attractive benefits, hybrid remote/flexible working options
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Frontend Engineer at Sporty Group
- Backend Engineer at Sporty Group
- UX / Product Designer at ARKK
- Full Stack Software Engineer at Lollipop
- Work in conservation (with React Native) at Chirp Birding
- Software Engineer (Front End) at VST
- Lead Golang / Go Developer at Comnoco
- Software Engineer at Huggg
- Product Designer at Easol
- Software Engineer - Full Stack (PHP/React) at Dawson Andrews