About Ticket Tailor
Ticket Tailor is a ticketing platform that offers event organisers a simple, helpful and great value way to manage event registration.
Our mission is to be the world’s best loved ticketing platform - five million tickets are currently sold through our service every year and we have a world class NPS score. We are ranked the #1 easiest to use ticketing platform in the world (G2Crowd), #1 event registration platform in the world (GetApp) and one of the top UK companies to watch for 2021 (Capterra).
We’re fully independent meaning we don’t have to answer to anyone except ourselves and our customers, allowing us to scale the company sustainably and with soul. We're proud to be in the process of becoming B Corp certified.
The Ticket Tailor working culture is centred on growing better, not just bigger. We’re a small but stellar team who value simplicity, transparency and collaboration. We love to work with inclusive and supportive people who share our belief that a happy workplace = happy customers.
A note on how we've been impacted by Coronavirus: this past year has been the most challenging ever for the events industry, but we’ve been amazed at the resilience and innovation of event organisers worldwide. At Ticket Tailor, we’ve of course seen the impact of the pandemic, but we've been able to keep our head above water by adapting to the needs of event organisers. We had a profitable 2020, and were able to commit to our annual donation to charity. We also applied to become a B Corp and are hoping to certify this year. Looking ahead, we’re feeling very positive about 2021, especially as we start to see the impact of the vaccine across the world. We see huge potential for growth and have an ambitious five year plan, which is why we're looking for new superstars to join our vision of being the world’s best loved independent ticketing platform.
About the role
As a Senior Developer you’ll help lead the technical direction of the team and platform. You’ll be a positive influence to other members of your team and improve our processes. You’ll take ownership on different aspects of the platform and deliver features, assessing the product and technical implications of your changes, creating a flawless customer experience. Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Take ownership of parts of the platform and define their future roadmaps
- Plan, build and deliver features and platform improvements across our whole stack
- Identify and put in place improvements to our processes
- Ensure work from the team is of high standard, secure, and well tested
- Mentor other developers on the team
Helpful skills and experience
- Broad and/or deep knowledge of PHP frameworks (we use Laminas, Mezzio and Symfony).
- Deep understanding of web applications
- Strong experience of testing - exploratory, unit, and acceptance
- Detailed knowledge of security and data protection
- An enthusiasm for helping others excel
- Excellent communication skills and you thrive in a collaborative environment
- The demands of e-commerce platforms
Our tool stack
- Mezzio and Laminas on PHP 7.3
- AWS Hosted
- React Native, Redux, RealmDB
This role will suit you if...
🐝 You enjoy working in a small, collaborative team
🏄 You value testing your work in all forms
🌟 You're excited about putting in place good processes
🖌 You want to design the architecture and platform as we grow
🔒 You value security and actively seek areas to improve
🧑🎓 You enjoy sharing knowledge / mentoring other developers
🚀 You are ambitious, enjoy constantly learning, and have a growth mindset
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Annual bonus based on company growth
- Generous budget to set up your working environment
- £500 annual learning budget, including a Kindle upon joining
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Opportunity to work in a small business and get involved in more than just tech
- Flexible WFH policy and working hours
- Equal and fair parental leave policy for all new parents
We’re striving to build a diverse team and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We believe that unique differences are what makes a strong team and are actively committed to building an inclusive work environment.
Salary range £55,000 — 75,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Amazon Pathways Operations Internship 2021 - DE at Amazon
- Customer Service Operations intern at Amazon
- Area Manager 2021, Pipeline to the Pathways Progra at Amazon
- Key Account Manager at Lenus eHealth
- Senior People Data Scientist at People Matter
- Full-Stack Developer at People Matter Technology
- FS/React Native Developer (1 Senior/1 Junior) at Optimum Health
- Data Engineer at Everpress
- Business Developer at Snowball Creations
- Principal Engineer (sixth employee) at Oliva