We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who’s passionate about making a positive difference in the world.
This is a full-time, in-house (no remote work) position
Type 2 diabetes has become a global epidemic; in the UK, we spend £9 billion a year alone (that’s 10% of the NHS budget) on treating this. What’s shocking is most of this is preventable – through sustained lifestyle and behaviour change.
We’re here to help people take control of their health. By bringing together behavioural science, technology, and incredible people, our grand mission is to eradicate the global epidemic of chronic lifestyle diseases once and for all.
Our digital behaviour change programme – delivered digitally through mobile and web apps – helps people to improve their lifestyle, lose weight, and ultimately reduce their risk for conditions such as type 2 diabetes.
We’re also commissioned by the NHS to help people already living with type 2 diabetes.
We’re looking for an empathetic senior product designer, not only to help us build and grow our product but also our design team. This is a very hands-on role with some management responsibilities and the position will evolve as the team grows.
What you’ll do:
- Help define and implement an inspiring, holistic product vision and design strategy to build delightful experiences for our users.
- Help cultivate the design culture of the team and the company, including championing user-centric design thinking across the company and maintaining a collaborative design process.
- Work closely with your peers across all departments (Growth, Marketing, Customer Support and Health Coaches) to help solve both user and business goals.
- Lead user research to determine the best approaches and methods to capture the right insights; plan and run qualitative studies, including (but not limited to) user interviews, remote and in-person usability studies.
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through the best possible means with relevant stakeholders to help inform our decision-making.
- Manage and grow designers within the product team; this includes hiring and mentoring all levels of designers to deliver their best work.
What we’re looking for:
- (Required) You have a proven track record of designing successful products that users love. You have a background as a visual designer and UX designer.
- (Required) You have hands-on experience with exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods; you’ll have previous experience in running research projects and user testings, from planning to running the sessions to analyzing and creating deliverables.
- (Required) You appreciate the value in research, but can also consider practical constraints – you understand what ‘just enough research’ means.
- (Nice to have) You have empathy for customer needs but can also consider technical constraints and business goals. You’re passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you’ll design with all our users in mind (not just the ones that look like our team).
- (Nice to have) You’re flexible in your approach and embrace a challenge; you can come up with new ways of answering research questions quickly and communicating the results in a memorable, impactful way.
- (Nice to have) You have previous experience in managing designers, and you’re passionate about developing designers’ skills and careers.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll be able to provide direct input into how we should improve our product and the development of OurPath.
- You’ll get to work with amazing, friendly, smart colleagues all incredibly passionate about solving the type 2 diabetes epidemic.
- You’ll lead the design – together with the rest of the product team – on a product that’s used by thousands today, and millions tomorrow.
- You’ll have autonomy and responsibility for your work direction; we also offer a flexible working environment where you can work from home when you need to.
- We have regular company-sponsored socials (pub drinks, team dinners, board games and movie nights) that’ll allow you to catch up and make friends outside of your team.
- We all have a thirst for knowledge and have regular Lunch&Learn sessions to help us expand our knowledge base; the product team also get together and run quarterly Hackathons.
How to apply:
This position is available to start immediately. If you believe you’re a good fit, please apply here.
If Jivan doesn’t respond within 7 days then she’s not intentionally being rude but please assume it’s probably a no for now.
Applications without a portfolio will be ignored.
In the meantime, find out more about working with us here.
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer, Frontend Lead at Five
- Frontend Engineer at causaLens
- Product Design Architect at Deep Consulting Solutions
- Product Owner at We Make Websites
- Backend Developer at mavis
- Market Executive (Brand Partnerships) with German at Sweatcoin
- Full-Stack Developer at Univation - Volunteering at Univation
- Full Stack Engineer at Skim It Ltd
- 😇 Talent Associate at Beam
- 😁 Operations Executive at Beam