Senior Product Designer
As part of the Design team you'll be working on products and services for some of the world’s biggest brands. You'll be involved from planning through to execution, becoming an ever-present advocate for the user. You'll help your team to make informed design decisions, placing the needs of the user and the business at the very heart of your work.
Your interest and focus will be in human-centred visual design, supported by a broad knowledge of common user interface design patterns, iconography, typography and colour theory. You'll enjoy concepting and visualising solutions in response to the problems, ideas and opportunities you help extract from users and stakeholders.
You'll be most effective collaborating alongside engineers, strategists and other skilled team members in order to respond to the varying constraints of each project. You'll be keen to drive and justify your design decisions using research data, design principles, prototypes and the resulting user-testing learnings.”
As a Senior Product Designer you'll be at the heart of the project, able to draw on your broad knowledge of design to influence and lead many of the project's design decisions. You'll also be mentoring other designers, both in day-to-day project activities and more formal career development reviews.
All Designers at TAB are…
- Confident using Adobe CC Suite, Sketch, Keynote and prototyping tools of your choice.
- Keen to be client-facing, supporting the presentation of their latest design work.
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn, through books, articles, meet-ups etc.
- Naturally collaborative, ego-free and able to give and take design critique constructively.
- Familiar with agile methods and terminology, and/or general software dev environments.
- Actively involved in growing the Design team by finding and attracting design talent.
- Designing, prototyping and building products used by millions of people every day.
As a Senior Product Designer at TAB, you…
- Are master of your craft, confident of taking on challenges that you've not tried before.
- Are the gatekeeper of and accountable for the quality of the products you work on.
- Set the agenda and tempo for the more junior members of the Design team.
- Coach Design team members to rapidly progress their careers and contribution to TAB.
- Provide context and coaching for product and Design team members in ways of working.
- Help define the strategic agenda of the Design team.
- Challenge the product teams to try new approaches and ways of doing things.
- Explore innovative ways of creating ideas, bringing them to life and presenting them.
- Look at the bigger picture to give client and customer context for design decisions.
- Want to present your own thinking, ideas and design work at pitches.
- Use past experience and client knowledge to spot and resolve problems.
- Are ready to take on challenging conversations and situations to get to the best product.
- Represent TAB publicly by participating in talks, events and conferences.
Our Application and Interview Process
If you wish to apply, please share examples of your work as PDFs or online case studies. We’re interested in the areas you lead and those you participate in, as you explore, iterate and present your craft and associated materials. For example; research, sketches, concepts, visuals, motion pieces, prototypes and other artefacts relevant to product design.
About The App Business
Founded in 2009, The App Business runs fast and lean, creating awesome products and services for ambitious clients ready to rethink their business around mobile-enabled users. Based in the heart of London’s thriving King’s Cross, we work in an environment built to help us - and our clients - excel. We invest heavily in this vision, placing the support and development of our teams, as well as our culture, at the heart of everything we do.
As a company, we know it is important to acknowledge the effort our people put in - which is why we have a great range of benefits in place, which increase as people grow and develop within TAB. It is one of the many ways we ensure we say thank you, and has lead to us ranking as 'Outstanding' in the independent Best Companies Index.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, apply now!
More like this
- Creative Director (UX) at Steer73
- Digital Product Designer (Mid Level) at Inktrap
- Full-stack Lead Developer at AssetVault at AssetVault
- Lead Technical Pre-sales Engineer at Cyberlytic
- Lead Product Manager at Catapult
- UX/UI Designer at The Richmond Group
- Hardware Developer Intern at ULTRA IoT
- Android Engineer at The App Business
- Front-end Engineer at Top10VPN
- Technical Marketer at Makers Academy