At Cuvva, we know that insurance is broken. It is inflexible, unfair, and ultimately doesn’t work for the customer. So our founders, Freddy and James, decided to make an insurance product that put the customer first. No more meerkat toys, no more singing tenors. We have cut out all the middlemen and built our own insurance platform from scratch. Cuvva was the first company to sell insurance by the hour and through an app.
We are passionate about our customers, about fixing insurance, and about working as a team to build incredible products that make insurance simple. We know no one will ever love insurance, but we can make it suck less.
As a tech-driven startup, we are changing the way people engage with their insurance company, and the way they think about getting from A-to-B.
Based in Shoreditch, we're a well-funded Techstars alum with significant traction; hundreds of thousands of people have downloaded the Cuvva app to insure themselves on a short-term basis.
We started off with a simple proposition: car insurance for as little as one hour (up to 28 days). We have become one of the largest players in the short-term car insurance market, and are now looking to expand into different verticals.
You will take responsibility for the creation and delivery of the strategy for your product area to help Cuvva grow. You will create a vision and roadmap, define the metrics and KPI’s used to measure the success and manage the full product lifecycle. You will focus on developing our growth function, although, you will be happy for your role to change if needed overtime.
You will be responsible for the vision, strategy and results of your product area and inspire and help lead the product team to iterate quickly in order to achieve results.
Below there are a few of the key requirements:
- You have strong management and communication skills and comfortable directing a cross-functional team. You will also be a passionate representative of growth across all levels of the business.
- You have experience developing product growth models which you have continuously refined it through experimentation and research.
- You have a hands-on approach and strong prioritisation skills, ensuring that the team are working on the right things at the right time.
- You have a deep understanding and empathy for users.
- You have previous experience working in a high tech growth ‘scale-up’ and are at home working in a rapidly-changing, dynamic environment.
- You are a clear and concise communicator and able to collaborate and align with other teams as there are a lot of common areas of interest.
- You have led teams in a Silicon Valley style of company, focused on growth, and are used to working in cross-functional teams.
- Some technical knowledge. You may have started out your career as an engineer or maybe it's a secret passion.
- Proven track record of driving user growth and engagement through experimentation across multiple platforms (mobile and web).
As well as a competitive salary and equity-based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include:
- working in our new (dog-friendly 🐕❤️) offices in Shoreditch
- monthly team outings
- personal development budget
- brand new MacBook Pro
- cycle to work scheme
- and of course significant savings on your insurance 💸
Salary range £30,000 — 80,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at CAST
- Full Stack Developer at Ratio
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Front-end developer at Browser
- Software Engineer at Orkestro
- Client Success Manager at Inkpath Limited
- Head of Product & Technology at Everpress
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Senior Product Designer at Medopad
- Remote Freelance Copywriter (Side Hustle) at CopyPete