Ever wanted to help build and improve a product that actually helps people do useful things? Here at Memrise we’re building the world’s most joyful language learning app, and you could be a part of it! We already have well over 15 million users, loads of accolades like Google Play App of the Year 2015 and 2016, as well as Self-Improvement App of 2016, and we have massive plans to scale and improve online and mobile learning for everyone.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our established team and drive product evolution on a daily basis. If you join us, you will become a driving force within the team, owning the scheduling, planning and path to achieving the highest quality (and most fun!) product, ensuring that that the team is adequately resourced and equipped to deliver to a realistic date.
This opportunity presents the rare chance to join a startup as it scales from millions to tens of millions of active users, and in doing so make a meaningful impact on how people learn around the world.
We like working with people with an eye for quality who enjoy just getting things done. You will thrive on the responsibility of project-reporting and general day-to-day Product Management duties, whilst also assisting in the continual improvement of the production department and its core functions, reporting, etc. You're keen and able to oversee the design and tuning of new features, in a highly organised and pragmatic manner. Above all you're a wonderful communicator.
Does this sound like you?
- Extremely passionate about data-driven and creative Product Management
- Ideally you will have experience of Product Management of a successful game or app
- Excited about defining new features and working closely with a Project Manager/Lead to effectively push them into content releases that drive value
- Comfortable working in sprints, driving efficiency, communication and team understanding of goals, as well as running retrospectives
- Experience of gamification; engaging and motivating players through amazing learning experiences and highly enjoyable progression
- Experience observing and analysing user testing and analytics, recommending design solutions and improvements
- Hands on experience optimising of freemium game economies to maximise user experience and revenue potential
- Able to provide clear and concise communication of the product vision, design approaches and requirements to team members at all levels
If you aren’t completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we’re not interested in hiring ‘rockstars’ or ‘ninjas’. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Fresh fruit; coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, breakfast materials and weekly team lunches. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being a lovely canal cruise in the summer sunshine! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
More like this
- Success Coach at Expensify
- Marketing Project Manager at Parcelly
- Product Manager at Secret Escapes
- Business Development, Partnerships and Sales at Flock
- Mid-weight UX designer at Saberr
- Software Developer at Secret Escapes
- In-House Designer at Candy Mechanics
- Head of Digital Solutions at Royal Society for Blind Children