We need Senior Python Engineers with 2+ years of core Python experience who will touch every part of our platform, and can grow with us. We need somebody who can see solutions not problems and can work collaboratively across all areas of the business gradually transforming our monolithic django services into sleek elegant, scalable and maintainable microservices.
Our tech stack includes, but is not limited to: Python 3.5; Django; PostgreSQL; Celery; AWS; Heroku. And, If you answer “yes” to the following questions, then we could be a great match:
- Do you know what hexagonal architecture is and can you help coach and lead the team to building better?
- Do you practice and preach the principles around ‘12 factor’ app.
- Do you apply the SOLID approach to everything you do?
- Do you have proven experience of working in teams in the successful delivery of complex, highly performing and high quality products?
You will be part of a fantastic and energetic team that constantly demonstrates the values of being curious, being in-sync and beating expectations.
- To provide significant contribution to the future architectural and scalability decisions around how software is built at Growth Street
- To execute your robust system design & architecture knowledge, with an eye towards solid testing, scalability and availability
- To design distributed data processing systems using queue/scheduler approaches with Celery and beyond
- To lead and apply a test-driven approach to all engineering moving forward, coaching the team to this goal, shortening the feedback loop across the SDLC
- To work with business stakeholders, product owners and business analysts to analyse requirements, develop ideas and design solutions
- To mentor more junior members of your team, and continue to establish development best practices
Nice to Haves
- Experience within financial services
- Experience with integrations with various SaaS based financial/risk platforms such as Xero,FreeAgent, Moody's RiskCalc, Equifax
- Django & Django REST framework.
- A competitive salary with performance linked bonus
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- Generous training, equipment and IT budget
- The tools you require to get the job done
- A strong and clear company culture, focused on growth
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays
The role is based from our London offices. We are located 1 minute from Aldgate Tube station / 15 minutes walk from London Bridge
We are on a mission to create a new kind of financial service. Growth Street is building a business banking platform to support the 5 million SMEs that power Britain.
We’re passionate about helping growing businesses maximise their potential, making applying for credit as quick and easy as possible. We have crafted an efficient marketplace for both borrowers and lenders, so they can get a better deal and a better service than the banks can offer. We are not a bank, and we are far more than an alternative lender. We are something better.
We are a rapidly growing team of 40 from all kinds of backgrounds. We are deeply ambitious, we work hard and we work together. We are an equal opportunities employer.
More like this
- Senior Backend Developer at Karhoo
- Operations Assistant at Credit Kudos
- Senior Back End Developer - .NET/ Docker/ Azure at DoctorLink
- Back-End Developer at Small Media
- Lead Full Stack Developer - .NET at DoctorLink
- Front-end developer at GatherContent
- Technical Lead at Urban Intelligence
- Software Engineer at FundApps
- Product Designer at GoCardless
- Ecosystem Development Manager at TechHub