Can we rely on you to make us more reliable? The Department for International Trade (DIT) helps businesses export and invest, and we need a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to make sure our internet services work as users expect. As SRE you can work from our London or Cardiff hub to give development teams the tools for their job, including APM, exception, log and metrics aggregation, dashboards and declarative CD/CI pipelines. You’ll evangelise product teams about service-level indicators, objectives, and error budgets, and negotiate them. You’ll help build and scale our global product platform. Please apply now if you’re a senior SRE or experienced senior developer moving into SRE roles. You’ll have Demonstrable experience and fluency in Python, writing clean and effective code
- Demonstrable experience and fluency in Python, writing clean and effective code
- Ability to build code defined, reliable and well tested infrastructure on top of cloud computing systems (Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Experience in designing, analysing, and troubleshooting distributed systems
- Knowledge of Unix fundamentals and TCP/IP networking
- Ability to see user impact in the infrastructure changes
GOV.UK PaaS, Kubernetes, Django, oauth2/saml2 integrations in python, gevent, Python asyncio, GCP, AWS, Azure.
- Experience in defining and measuring Service Level Objectives
- Experience in observability driven development
- Experience in prototyping through reuse of existing Open Source components
Our Tech Stack includes
- GOV.UK PaaS (Cloud Foundry)
- Terraform & Cloud Formation
For your application, we would like to see your cv and a letter or personal statement outlining your experience and skills and fit for the role.
During the CV review and interview stages we use Success Profiles, a flexible framework, to assess applicants against a range of elements giving you the opportunity to demonstrate these elements required to be successful in the role.
At the interview for this role we assess your technical/specialist experience, outlined in the above role description, testing your ability through relevant assessments and ask you questions around behaviours.
The behaviours we assess are:
- Communicating and influencing
- Developing self and others
- Changing and improving
- Making effective decisions