At Flair, our mission is to create a world where all ethnicities can thrive. Our core product is a people analytics tool that helps businesses and schools measure and build anti-racist cultures.
Since launching in late 2020, Flair has grown rapidly. We now work with over 60 clients, including several of the UK's top schools and major brands like The Premier League, EY and Network Rail.
Flair is now at an exciting stage of its journey. We recently secured seed funding, led by Hoxton Ventures - a top UK venture capital firm who have backed leading tech companies such as Deliveroo. We're now expanding our presence in the UK market, and will soon enter the US market.
We’re hiring a Senior Software Developer (Permanent, Full-Time)
- As a Senior Software Developer, you will be heavily involved in both the backend and front-end development of Flair's core product - our anti-racism diagnostic tool and recommendations engine. You will also play a key role in the development of new product lines as we scale.
- Within your role, you will manage Flair's development processes and the prioritisation of work across our growing engineering team. You will be expected to lead in collaborative way, ensuring that all members of the engineering team maintain a sense of ownership and empowerment within their work.
- The role is remote. However, as you may be required to occasionally meet the rest of the Flair team in person, you should be based in the UK (within a commutable distance to London).
- Please submit a GitHub profile as part of your application, outlining any projects/code that you are particularly proud of.
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Play a key role in setting the vision and establishing strategic direction for the technology stack
- Lead engineering efforts in collaborative way, ensuring all team members maintain a sense of ownership and empowerment within their work
- Prioritise work effectively, ensuring that the engineering team stays on track to achieve our business goals and ship quickly
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualisation to deployment
- Help grow the engineering team and define the future composition of engineers
- Work with the rest of the engineering team, as well as the product team, to determine which existing technologies, tools and platforms we should adopt vs build ourselves
Your Ideal Experience and Knowledge
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience leading an engineering team
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience building out new products from concept to launch
An overview of our tech stack can be found below. Experience with some of these technologies, or similar technologies, is preferable.
- Backend (data processing): Python, Pandas, SciPy/NumPy, PySpark
- Backend (APIs): TypeScript, Express
- Web Frontend: TypeScript, React
- Data Visualisation: Tableau, D3
- Database: Postgres
- Infrastructure: AWS, Terraform
Your Ideal Skillset
- A self-starter with the ability to plan and execute strategies from start to finish, with little guidance
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues in plain language to internal and external stakeholders who don't have a technical background
- A bias towards action and rapid experimentation when faced with complex decisions
- Ability to prioritise effectively, delegate work and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate well within a team
- High levels of emotional intelligence
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written communication skills
- A resilient mindset, with the ability to respond well to setbacks
Compensation & Benefits
- Equity via employee option scheme
- Private Health Insurance through Bupa
Our Culture & Values
As a team, we pride ourselves on 6 company values
- Be Yourself - We welcome diversity in all its forms and want people to feel no pressure to conform.
- Be Healthy - We value your mental and physical health. In our view, nothing is more important.
- Be a Continuous Learner - We look for people who are open to learning new things each and every day.
- Be Mission-Driven - We only want to hire people who believe that a world where all ethnicities can thrive is a world worth fighting for.
- Be Transparent - We have decided to build a remote company, so hiring great communicators is paramount.
- Be Empathetic - We value people who can see the world from others' point of view.
At Flair, we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We strive for a work environment in which all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, have equal access to opportunities, and can contribute fully to the organisation's success.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome everyone regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Salary range £70,000 — 70,000
Equity via employee option scheme
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Programme / Operations Manager (part remote) at Sigma Labs XYZ
- Community Lead at Count
- Full-stack Engineer at Count
- Marketing Lead at Count
- Sales Lead at Count
- Digital Marketing Consultant at Conversion Rate Experts
- SEO Manager at TodayTix Group
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Teacher - Data & Digital Mindset at Decoded
- Product Manager at Steer73