Senior Software Engineer
What we do
We’re a tech for good business, making care easier for everyone – care workers, agencies, people receiving care and their families.
At our core, we make care management software that we provide to care provider. Our dedicated mobile app helps care workers to manage all of their schedules, reporting, and client information quickly, so they can spend less time on admin and more time with their clients.
Our web tools helps care providers to make their operations more efficient, safeguard their clients and care workers, keep data secure, and keep the regulators happy.
And finally we keep the care recipient's family closer to their loved one's care with text message updates, and their own login to review all the care notes as the visits happen.
However, for us this is just the beginning. We want to become a global brand and software platform, supporting the care industry in the UK and around the world. To do that we'll turn our 'software as a service' business into a marketplace for care, helping providers to market themselves, and families to find care that's right for them.
We've come a long way already, but still have an incredibly exciting journey ahead of us. Join us on our mission to transform the care market through technology!
How we work
Our engineering culture puts emphasis on allowing time to focus on deep work without distractions, whilst also promoting personal and professional growth. All of our code goes through code reviews on Github with a healthy emphasis on unit testing, and we frequently run pair-programming, all in the name of creating a solid service and refining our craft. We run a lightweight version of Kanban, making sure we're always working on the most important things in any given day.
What you'll be doing
- Working with the wider team to understand our customers and their needs
- Building and coding key product features & enhancements
- Responsive mobile friendly web development
- Working across the entire stack from DevOps Architecture all the way to UI Coding
- Supporting our CTO with the development and mentoring of the engineering team
- Supporting your team with pair programming and code reviews
- Adding to the team and company culture with your personality, interests, and ways of working
What we offer
🚀Beautiful office space in the heart of the city surrounded by lovely restaurants, bars, gyms and public transport
☕Beautiful onsite restaurant style break area with free coffee and refreshments
🍕Free team lunch on Fridays
⚖️Flexible work environment
💻 New Mac Book Pro
📈Potential stock options
💡High degree mentoring & career first
🏖️ 25 days of holiday
Tech experience we're looking for
- Extensive knowledge in any object orientated programming language (Ideally Python/ Django)
- Experience in responsive web development
- Experience in React.js & knowledge of the React/ Redux eco-system
- Knowledge/ experience with relational databases
- Experience in Unit Testing
The stack we use
AWS, Docker, MySQL, React, React Native, Redux, Redux Sagas, Jest, Django, Celery, Circle CI, Hubot
The ideal candidate
We’re looking for an engineer who’ll be able to define and build secure and robust architectures for big projects, get involved in mentoring the tech team, performance tuning and debugging any part of our stack from our JS through to MySQL and generally getting stuck in to all aspects of startup life. You’ll be able to take a large amount of control over the products you’re working on including the tools, technologies, and processes you’d like to see. We need someone with a solid understanding of computer science, so you’ll have a CS degree (or higher) but also a keen eye for design and user experience.
We're also looking for someone to be a real part of the team. You spend a lot of time with the people you work with, so we want it to be fun and rewarding rather than feel like a chore. That means having a passion for what we're doing, wanting to make a real difference to people's lives, having interests outside of work, sharing knowledge with your colleagues, and adding to our company culture.
If this sounds like you, we definitely want to hear from you.
Salary range £50,000 — 70,000
More like this
- Back-end Developer at Rotageek Ltd
- Ruby on Rails Developer (CET - Remote) at Clevertech
- Backend Engineer (Python, Go, AWS) at Citymapper
- Senior Developers at VirtualSystems Limited
- Community Partner at Pirate Studios
- Technical Lead at Flynotes
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Talented Fullstack Ruby Developer at Homeshift
- Full Stack Developer at Zappar
- Customer Success Associate at OurPath