You’ll be joining the early stages of TimeWith, an online marketplace that allows patients to find the right psychotherapist for them in order to help them with their mental health issues. TimeWith ultimately aims to democratise access to therapy by educating users, curating results & simplifying the experience so that both parties can focus on therapeutic success.
TimeWith is a venture backed by Trinity Mirror, the largest publishing company in the UK, and is located in their Canary Wharf offices.
Why We Need You
Having recently enjoyed a successful initial launch, our focus is now shifting to growing and maturing the business. Our product strives to help everyone find the right therapist. This entails succeeding in multidimensional algorithmic matching between therapists and patients, inferring parameters that aid in therapeutic success from raw text & building the whole infrastructure for recurring payments to happen seamlessly.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team and help us take our platform to the next level.
What you will be doing
Your role will include working closely with our CTO to deliver these new initiatives. You will be responsible for architecting and implementing the new parts of our platform.
At the same time, you will be leading our engineering efforts to scale the existing infrastructure and services to meet the always increasing business and usage needs.
You will enjoy being exposed to open ended problems, will work autonomously while educating and collaborating with the team to mature engineering processes.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years experience working with REST and Web technologies, ideally in a startup environment.
- Experience with backend MVC frameworks – we use Python Flask.
- Experience with a least one frontend JS framework (React, Angular, Vue.js, Ember) – we develop in React.
- Experience with architecting solutions at scale.
- Experience with the microservices pattern and the trade-offs between microservices and monoliths.
- Understanding of test driven development (TDD), and the importance of writing tests.
- Understanding that great UX is a key aspect of a successful product and that empathy drives every decision you make.
- Experience with AWS tools and/or DevOps processes and workflows is a plus.
- Experience with NLP and Machine Learning is a plus.
What we offer
- The chance to work with a madly ambitious team of 7, comprising of top-tier designers, engineers, previous founders and employees of companies like PayPal and Ebay.
- The excitement of working for a startup, but with the stability and reach of the biggest news publisher in the UK.
- The opportunity to shape an industry-defining product.
- The chance to create something incredibly impactful for a lot of people.
- An environment where the scope for self-development is unlimited.
- A competitive salary.
- Having a gym within a 60 second walk from your desk.
- Monthly free Friday lunches.
- Weekly Friday drinks with amazing views from the iconic One Canada Square.
Salary range £60,000 — 80,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Back-end developer at Browser Group
- Fullstack Engineer at YLD Ltd
- Full stack / Front-end Developer at Flux
- Data Engineer at Datatonic
- Senior Data Scientist / Engineer at JamieAi
- Customer Success Manager at Sideways 6
- Customer Success Manager at Akkroo
- Senior Back-end Engineer / DevOps at A.I Music
- Full Stack Developer at Tab