We’re a fast-growing London-based FinTech startup (Top 100 Britain's Fastest-Growing Businesses).
Our product simplifies the painful business expenses process with a unique software platform, smart company card, and payment solutions. We save companies time, hassle and money, which provides them with a new level of expense automation and efficient control over budgets and employee spending.
We are working in a huge sector mainly dominated by big businesses using outdated approaches. It is in massive need of change and we aim to revolutionise the space.
We’re an ambitious team and have set ourselves a number of goals for the future. Our first challenge is to revolutionise business expenses and spending, but this is only the beginning. Do you want to join us on the journey?
You will join a talented team of software engineers, with experience in payments, accounting, telecommunications and finance, and are expected to get up to speed rapidly in this fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment. We are not solving trivial problems, and in many cases, you'll be working on cutting edge software and integrations that have never been built before. You will be using your wealth of knowledge and experience to help build the Expend product, working across various disciplines, including security, cloud, accountancy and financial systems.
Our stack is a python backend consisting of 30+ python microservices hosted on AWS with queues, lambdas and both NoSQL (DynamoDB) and SQL (RDS / Postgres) databases. Our front ends consist of a React web app and a React Native mobile application. Our developer computers are iOS.
You should apply if you have:
- Commercial professional experience working at a senior or architect level in Python
- Coached and mentored developers on coding, performance and testing best practices
- Experience building web backends in python
- Strong knowledge of database, including both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience building REST APIs and Microservice based architectures
- Experience with Docker, Amazon Web Services, and Git
- Experience of Agile Software Development and CI/CD pipelines
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training/experience
And most importantly: a passion for creating products that people love to use!
Nice to have:
- Experience writing and or maintaining complex API integrations, particularly financial APIs
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, technology-focused organisation
- Experience with infrastructure as code, such as Terraform
- Experience with enterprise data science or machine learning
- Experience working with financial data, such as transactions, payments, or ledgers.
Along with a startup culture, we have a number of benefits, and are always adding more as we grow!
- A competitive salary with a generous equity component
- Frequent social events online and in real life (when allowed) including regular Friday happy hours, a book club, working-from-cafe days and more!
- A day a fortnight to work on greenfield prototypes and experimental projects
- Flexible location (ideally UK based but open to other areas for the right candidate) and working hours
- Support for courses, conferences and upskilling
- As a small team, we can consider putting in place other benefits if important to you - please ask!
- Initial Phone Screening (30 mins) with a member of the team to discuss your experience, and tell you a little more about what it's like to work at Expend
- Online coding assessment, this will test your Python skills and should take no more than 2 hours
- Final Round Remote Interviews (2 hrs) This will consist of some behavioural and some technical questions, with our Tech Lead, and at the end of the interview, you will meet our founders (including the CTO) or other senior members of the team depending on availability
Given the fast pace of a growing technology company. There will be opportunities to perform other suitable work dependent on skills (we actively promote employees to broaden their skill set).
This is an opportunity to be part of a talented and ambitious team, offering both a fulfilling role and potential for strong rewards as the company grows. We’re a friendly company, and we aim to create an enjoyable work environment, with work that is challenging but rewarding.
If you think you would be a valuable addition to our team and wish to explore this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your CV and optionally a covering letter to [email protected]
No recruiters, agencies or service providers. Proficiency in English essential. UK preferred. Full-time only.
More like this
- Amazon Pathways Operations Internship 2021 - DE at Amazon
- Customer Service Operations intern at Amazon
- Area Manager 2021, Pipeline to the Pathways Progra at Amazon
- Senior PHP Developer at Ticket Tailor
- Head of Product at Kafoodle
- Key Account Manager at Lenus eHealth
- Senior People Data Scientist at People Matter
- Full-Stack Developer at People Matter Technology
- FS/React Native Developer (1 Senior/1 Junior) at Optimum Health
- Data Engineer at Everpress