Steer73 are a Digital Transformation Agency. We work with a wide variety of clients to understand their needs, shape their solutions and deliver the system. In many cases we are the client’s in-house product, design and development team.
We run as a distributed network of teams, operating out of various locations around the world.
We’re looking for a User Interface Designer to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be expected work alongside the Product and Development teams to deliver user-centred solutions for our clients.
They’ll be able explain the rationale behind their solution, both in terms of best practice and thinking through any decisions made. They should have experience of key design principles, artefacts, best practice UI, design hierarchy, and patterns. It will be essential that they will be able to communicate this internally to the team and, at times, clients as well.
The successful candidate will work with a Product Manager to understand the needs of the client, gather the requirements for not just what they say they want, but what they really need. They’ll attend client meetings to discuss the product needs and the proposed solution.
During the development of the product design the UI designer will work with the client to explain and confirm how the user interface meets the business’ requirements, as well as clarify how the underlying core assumptions and hypotheses have shaped the user interface.
They’ll be required to build strong relationships with the team to develop UI/UX patterns and practices that are used across projects.
The UI designer will be working on 3 to 4 client projects at a time, which whilst interesting will also be demanding. They’ll also be working on an exciting mix of client projects, in a variety of sectors, and in-house projects including Evac One, an office management SaaS platform. The successful candidate will need be able to effectively prioritise their time and efforts.
This is a key role in our business. The role will be responsible for the estimation of work and the communication of the work, from stories and tickets to the development team in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Good experience and clear understanding of user centred design
- Be proficient in key design tools (e.g. Sketch, wireframing tools, flowchart tools)
- Be hands-on – able to take the lead on designing the right product solution
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work on multiple, disparate projects at onetime
- Understand the software development lifecycle
- Have a pragmatic approach to digital product design
- Able to create repeatable design processes with the Product and Development teams that will improve the quality of the company’s work and the efficiency of producing it
- 3 years of industry experience
- Experience presenting to clients
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full SDLC experience
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum / Kanban
Steer73 is a small company with targets to grow rapidly over the next 3 years. An important factor in our hiring is finding people who share our values and who will thrive in our business. We look for people who want to get things done, are comfortable making decisions, take ownership of their roles and want to progress.
Joining Steer73 offers you an opportunity to work on high-profile, meaningful projects working with clients from a wide range of industries.
Contact us to find out more – https://steer73.com/contact-us/
This is a remote based role. No location specified.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer at Hurree
- Solutions Architect at Hurree
- Technical Researcher at Hurree
- API Intergrations Specialist at Hurree
- Senior Backend Developer (Node.js) at Caravelo
- Full Stack Developer at Landscape
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Android Developer at AppLaunch
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Backend engineer at Everpress