graduate-jobs.com was created nearly 20 years ago with the purpose of uniting job seeking graduates with exciting career opportunities, whilst simultaneously helping companies that are hiring to find the right talent to fit their organisation. We pride ourselves on being fundamentally nice people. We develop meaningful customer relationships that are built upon trust, delivery and quality. We sell what works.
A small team of 9 people, we are based in North London, our main functions are marketing, sales, account management and of course website development. We operate as a lean team and whilst being small, we pack a punch in the graduate recruitment market. We measure our success on the number of job seeking users we have registered to the site, alongside the revenue that we generate from companies advertising on our job boards.
About the role
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Web Developer who will be comfortable executing and articulating our vision through building and maintaining our site to operate seamlessly on multiple platforms whilst supporting and managing a team of two in the dev team. We are looking for a full stack develop who is confident building a strategy for the development team which will work collaboratively through the business and that delivers on scale, consistency and user experience. Someone who can prioritise, and problem solve and can create measurable performance whilst inspiring and energizing a team.
This role will join the leadership team within graduate-jobs and will have a presence at monthly senior management meetings where you will represent the development and technical side of graduate-jobs.com. You will take full ownership and responsibility for your team and the success of the website.
You will work alongside the director and your responsibilities will include:
· Getting stuff done!
· Delivering strategy, vision, goal and target setting for the development team of 2
· Lead from the front in setting the tone and expectations for your team
· Work collaboratively to bring ideas into fruition
· Ensure that the site has minimal downtime, bugs and is always evolving
· Manage IT maintenance within the business on an ad hoc basis
· Take ownership for graduate-jobs.com being secure, protected and legally compliant
· Run ad-hoc and planned reports, analysis and requests
· Work closely with the directors to create business development and user experience improvements
This is an ideal role for a talented individual who is looking for a challenge somewhere that their impact can be truly felt and who will enjoy working within a close-knit team and small company culture.
Graduate-jobs.com is built on an Open Source Java platform using common industry standard technologies. Our database is MySQL, and the server-side runs JDK 8, Spring Boot 2, and JSP/JSTL templates. We also use Jooq for ORM, and Solr for searching. The front-end uses HTML 5, ES 6, and Sass/SCSS with Grunt builds, and we host on the Google Cloud Platform. Our development tools include Maven, Vagrant, Jenkins, Atlassian Bitbucket, and Apache Archiva.
To be ace in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Thorough understanding of developing and operating a public-facing website
- Core web technology skills - HTML, CSS/SASS, JS/ES6, Node.js, responsive design
- Java/server-side development - Spring Boot, JSP/JSTL, MySQL, Jooq, Solr, Vagrant
- Linux server operation - Google Cloud Platform, Apache, Tomcat, basic system management and automation
- Standard automation and code management tools - Git, Jenkins, Maven
- Examples of leading teams to successful delivery of projects that benefit the organisation
· Experience working across teams/departments to create joined up thinking
· People management skills
· Embrace data driven performance management
· Creative problem solver
· Happy to be hands on and lead by example
Why join us?
You’ll be given a huge amount of responsibility from day 1 and gain visibility for everything that goes into running a successful web-based company.
Salary of £70,000 pa
25 days annual leave plus your birthday off
Continuous investment in your training and development
Invitations to our social events, including bring your dog to work day, summer and Christmas events and wellness weeks
Contributory pension scheme
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV to [email protected] with the subject line Senior Web Developer
Salary range £65,000 — 70,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Communications and Content Marketing at Lyvly
- Talent & Culture Partner at Create + Adapt ltd
- Customer Support Associate at OurPath
- Product Designer at Nested
- Product Designer at Nested
- Experienced Frontend or Backend Software Engineer at Pirate Studios
- Senior Front-end Developer at Lifebit
- Product Designer at Founders Factory