Do you want to work on stuff that matters?
Well Pharmacy is the the UK’s largest independent pharmacy with over 760 stores across the UK. Our mission as a company is to build the best prescription experience in the UK.
Well Digital is a startup team creating new world-class digital products and services. We have a big ambition: to bring pharmacy into the digital age.
Our customers already love our products: metrics are strong, and most of our initial growth has been through word of mouth.
We’re looking for a product-aware web engineer to help us build the UK’s leading digital pharmacy service.
We’ve been testing our iPhone app for a couple of months, and we’ve just started building on web too.
You'll work closely with our designers and the rest of our engineering team, shaping the development of our product to give our customers the best experience on web.
As a team, you’ll be trusted to build the right things in the right way to drive customer growth and satisfaction.
Our iPhone app is native Swift talking to a serverless backend written in Go. We make extensive use of AWS services. We’ve also built a back office web system (PharmOS) using React.
What you’ll do
- lead frontend development of our digital pharmacy service
- step into backend dev and/or design work - we like to mix it up
- build, test and operate digital services to meet customer needs, taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce
- participate in our in-house support, and potentially out-of-hours support rota
- use modern engineering practices like TDD, pair programming and continuous deployment
- help build our engineering culture and ways of working
You should apply if
- you want to build a product that really matters to people who take medicine
- you have some experience with modern frontend frameworks and tools like React
- you have an understanding of software design principles, including progressive enhancement and care about building tested, reliable and readable software
- you have experience in building robust and accessible interfaces that work for as many users as possible, regardless of their needs
- you have a working knowledge of cloud technologies e.g. AWS
- you build strong relationships and love to collaborate
- you like learning new programming tools and techniques
- you understand how the web works
- you have a good grasp of web security
What’s in it for you
Fair compensation and generous benefits:
- annual bonus plan
- private medical insurance
- health assessments
- childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual leave
Set up to succeed:
- board-level support
- empowered, multidisciplinary team
- state of the art kit - just let us know what tools you need to do your job
- lovely office in Castlefield, Manchester
- friendly, fast-paced and respectful culture
Salary range £50,000 — 75,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Junior Front-end Developer at ContentCal
- Communications and Content Marketing at Lyvly
- Talent & Culture Partner at Create + Adapt ltd
- Co-Founder/Partner at Integrated Digital Growth Agency
- Customer Support Associate at OurPath
- Product Designer at Nested
- Product Designer at Nested
- Senior Golang Engineer at Verisart