We’re looking for a senior engineer to join us at Wonderbly and help build software that makes millions of kids happy all round the world.
This is an important role within our small and purposeful team of developers, designers and product people that build wonderbly.com, the e-commerce hub at the heart of our business.
We have worked hard to create a kind and supportive working culture inspired by the values at the heart of the beautiful personalised books we publish. We’re looking for someone to join us who share our values of kindness, curiosity and courageousness.
This role would suit an engineer that enjoys collaboration. You’ll be working alongside a diverse range of colleagues including storytellers, artists, marketers and manufacturing specialists out of our light filled studio in East London.
This role would also suit an engineer that enjoys variety. We hope the person that takes this role will be able to get involved in many different projects, shaping the way we ship as well as what we put out in the world.
Finally, this role would suit an engineer that wants to see the direct impact of their work on others. We’re a company with global reach, but still small enough that individuals make a huge contribution.
So if you’re an experienced Ruby on Rails developer, interested in Typescript, who wants to work on projects and products you can finally explain to the children in your life we’d love to have a conversation.
At heart, we’re a creative company and our stack reflects this.
Our backend services are built using Typescript/Express with our Rails based headless e-commerce
We use a dev-ops less approach for rapid development and deployment of features
Our website is built using React coupled with a truly awesome design system so we can express our product range as beautifully and consistently as possible
Our product rendering stack is built using headless browsers to bring the power and possibilities of the web to print publishing
Our customised e-commerce stack uses Solidus, an open source project written in Ruby, to which we have contributed
First and foremost you should join Wonderbly because of the work. We’re on a mission to inspire boundless self belief in every child, everywhere through our beautiful personalised books.
Working at Wonderbly you’ll be surrounded by positive, self motivated people inspired by this exciting mission.
We offer a range of additional benefits beyond the work that will make your time at Wonderbly even more fun:
- Health insurance and our cycle to work scheme will keep you and your family in tip-top shape
- We have showers, secure bike parking facilities and are part of the Cycle To Work scheme
- We provide a matched pension contribution
- Each year you'll accrue a generous 28 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- We have heaps of snacks, drinks, and comforts in our fully-stocked kitchen
- Speaking of food; team lunches and breakfasts. Once a week we get together over a delicious free team lunch and spend some tasty quality time together
- We offer free team Yoga classes; just one of the many ways we keep centred and calm, despite the (occasional) chaos of startup life.