We are looking for a creative and energetic Social media and content marketing assistant, who will support the Marketing Team in developing and executing Oddbox Marketing Strategy.
You’ll be reporting into our Marketing Director and working alongside our wonderful Commercial Marketing Exec, as well as a bunch of fantastic external partners.
This is an opportunity for a driven, ambitious person, who’s interested in gaining real-life, hands on experience in a variety of projects across multiple marketing and customer experience areas.
Role and responsibilities:
Storytelling: – Drawing on knowledge and expertise of our Ops and Buying teams, create opportunities of storytelling for Oddbox – telling our customers about the wonderful produce they are rescuing from going to waste, the growers that are behind that produce and their work, explain the impact that Oddbox community is delivering to help save our planet – Use various media to bring the stories to life – copy, photography, video – sometimes using external resources, and sometimes simply shooting quickly with your phone to ensure we capitalise on opportunities available – Promote Oddbox original content across appropriate channels – social media, website, email, offline assets like our in-box customer letter
Social Media Management: – Research, draft, photograph and schedule social media posts. Keep internal planning documents up to date, create tone of voice document & research competitor best practice – Monitor social media comments, feedback, replies & get back to customer queries – Report on social media engagement and following
Partnerships – Research & make recommendations on brand enhancing partnerships – brands, influencers, celebrities, institutions – Liaise with brands to ensure smooth processing of agreed partnership – overseeing sample box deliveries, in-box customer freebies, social mentions and share, etc – Analyse performance of current partnerships and make recommendations for on-going strategy
Website Content: – Research, draft, photograph and schedule blog posts/ recipes – Keep our website content up-to-date at all times – Make recommendations on changes to the website contents to enhance customer experience – Contribute to a website improvements plan
Email Comms: – Prepare copy and visuals for customer comms such as monthly newsletter, new product launches, and functional system communications – Monitor engagement of email comms
Who we’re looking for:
• 1 yr experience in brand marketing, content marketing, partnerships or social media management OR
• An impressive personal blog/vlog or Instagram account that shows off your storytelling skills across copy, photography and/or video
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills
• Attention to detail – you’ll have to be confident in proofreading your own copy
• Great interpersonal skills – you’ll be contacting other bands, our partners and growers, so you’re a natural at making new friends and connections
• An eye for visuals – you can tell a good photo from a poor one, your instafeed is beautiful and you’re no stranger to canva
• Fast learner and fast worker – we’re a start-up and things happen quickly around here
• Bags of positive energy and amazing work ethics
• Passion for sustainability – everyone at oddbox deeply cares about helping our planet!
What you’ll get:
• £22-£24k salary, depending on experience
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand, helping reduce food waste one wonky carrot at a time.
• Gain hands on experience in delivering marketing strategy and tactics – this role is not about filing and making coffees – it’s building one of the most exciting consumer bands out there!
• Yes, you guessed right – there’s a lot of delicious fresh fruit in the office
Salary range £22,000 — 24,000
More like this
- Content, Social Media, and Community Manager at inploi
- Head of Growth at Honest Health
- SEO & PPC Specialist at Rock Mission Ltd
- Marketing Designer at Waggel
- Senior Product Designer at allplants
- R&D Tax Consultant at ihorizon
- Content Writer at Code Kingdoms
- Customer Success Manager at Canvas
- Senior Full-Stack Developer at allplants
- Cultural Research and Insights Intern at Codec.ai