What Now?! is proud to bring you London’s smartest map and city guide, helping you discover the best parts of the city as you experience it, without worrying about roaming charges. Since our soft launch in April 2014 we have had nearly 400,000 downloads on iOS only- with zero spent on marketing.
What Now?! recently partnered with the Transfer and Activities Bank (TAB) division of the Hotelbeds Group to deliver a mobile-first booking solution for in-destination tourism - working with various partners like hotels to deliver both added value to guests as well as an additional revenue stream.
Prior to launch, we were showcased by TechCrunch as one of their Top 15 European Startups at their Disrupt event in Berlin, as well as by PhoCusWright at their Travel Innovation Summit in the US (the largest such event in the global travel industry) as one of 2013’s Top Travel Innovations. We were also shortlisted for the UK’s Most Innovative Mobile Company as part of the UK government’s Department of Trade and Investment’s Smart UK Initiative. In Autumn 2014, TechCrunch invited us back on stage at their Disrupt conference in London as one of their successful Startup Battlefield companies (which was hugely flattering as previous alumni have included Dropbox and Yammer!).
We’re looking for a Social Media Intern to manage and grow our social platforms. You will be reporting to the Marketing Manager.
Some of the tasks that you would be doing, but not limited to, are:
- Interact with the online travel community
- Participate in weekly Twitter chats hosted by travel bloggers
- Build out our content calendar with content from other sources
- Content ideation
- Monitoring and reporting on progress and key findings – what works, what doesn’t
- Excellent written communication - the ability to write catchy headlines to entice users
- Passion about travel, culture and digital media
- Some knowledge of how and why content spreads
- Top-notch social media skills - and a good sense of humour!
- Proactive thinking, going the extra mile
- Ideally you will have managed a Facebook group community
Please apply with your CV and let us know in your Cover Letter:
- Why us?
- How do your skills and/or experience match the requirements of the role?
- A few very brief thoughts on what you’d do with our social media.
Only applicants who have submitted all required materials will be considered.
More like this
- Marketing Lead at Homegrown Group UK Ltd
- Marketing and Community Specialist at Makers Academy
- Junior Content Translator – Dutch at Festicket
- Community Manager / Head of Community at Seedcamp
- Tech Lead at Simply Business
- Fellowship Operations Assistant at Entrepreneur First
- German Speaking Customer Service Executive at Festicket
- Junior Content Translator - Portuguese at Festicket
- Content Editor at FutureBrand
- Content Marketing Manager at WhatUsersDo