Who we are
BBOXX is a rapidly growing start-up company providing an affordable, upgradeable solar solution to meet off-grid customers’ energy needs. We are fully vertically integrated, controlling every part of our customer experience. Our market leading products and appliances coupled with our SMART Solar platform bring machine-learning and customer experience optimisation to rural Africa. Our ground-breaking financing structure has brought off-grid solar into the World’s financial markets. While our human-centred design approach to our retail business ensures that the BBOXX ecosystem is poised to massively scale during 2017/18. With over 100,000 systems deployed so far, 500 staff across 5 offices in China, UK and East Africa are waking up every morning to work with BBOXX to electrify 20 million people by 2020. We invite you to join us on this journey to electrify the off-grid world!
You will be joining our industry leading software team, developing bespoke solutions to manage the challenges facing a Next-Generation Utility Company operating across the developing world.
You will be the delivery lead for projects with a team of 3-5 developers. You are an experienced developer and agile team leader with a track record of delivering successful software projects and a belief in BBOXX’s mission. You value communication and process in order to help your team deliver consistently and you are committed to the continuous improvement of the team. You will actively participate in the design, implementation, testing and roll-out of projects across our technology platform. You should be able to gather product requirements, build clear project definitions and timelines, and deliver high quality software that performs to the specifications of the end users.
Our Engineering team are located at our global headquarters in London. As well as the London team BBOXX has an East African team based in Rwanda You will work closely with key stakeholders in Kigali to ensure that projects deliver business value.
- 3+ years of experience as a developer with good working knowledge of Python.
- Experience working in or leading an Agile Software Development Team
- Experience using a variety of AWS services. RDS, EC2, ASG, ELB, CodeDeploy etc.
- A successful record of designing, managing and delivering complex cross-team projects.
- Good knowledge of PostgreSQL databases regarding optimisation and design.
- Previous experience working with APIs.
- Ability to pick up new challenges quickly and provide the best solution to them.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Starting date: Negotiable. From March 2018 onwards.
- Location: BBOXX office in West London, UK with possible travel to East Africa for short periods.
- Full time, permanent contract. Salary negotiable based on experience.
- We have a free parking area next to the office in case you commute by car/bike.
- Dynamic development environment.
- Sand-box time – we spend 10% of our time on new projects which you propose.
- Monday morning breakfast.
- Regular BBOXX Family Nights and social events.
More like this
- Operations Executive at SAM labs
- Marketing Manager at We Make Websites
- Solutions Consultant at We Make Websites
- Senior Software Engineer at Everpress
- Digital Agency Project Manager / Coordinator at Hallway Studios
- Front End Developer at Butternut Box
- Product Lead at Plural AI
- Web developer (Back-end) at ODICCI
- Full stack Web Developer (Node + React) at Trik
- UX/UI Designer at SuperCarers