Mint turns ideas and insights into products people love. We work with large corporations, nonprofits and ambitious startups to solve hard problems and make an impact on the world.
We are looking for a software developer who wants to learn and make an impact while writing beautiful software.
We are looking for a passionate software developer who thrives in taking a project from ideation to launch. We like our team to take ownership and work in close collaboration with others to strive to create digital products with maximum impact at a forward thinking and progressive company.
While we prefer individual stacks over others, we always like to make the right technology choice based on the problem we are trying to solve. Our passion for venturing encourages developers to explore and play around with new technology in the hope that it inspires creativity and new ideas.
Don’t worry if the criteria below doesn’t fit you perfectly. We are not a big agency and our development team is small so we are looking for someone who fits well with the team and what we’re trying to achieve rather than someone who checks all the boxes.
Here are the things we’re looking for:
- Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails OR the desire to learn it quickly
- Experience with relational databases (we use Postgres!)
- Solid knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Passion for technology
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Elixir, Phoenix
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (most of our hosting and serverless infrastructure is done with AWS)
- Experience contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, and speaking
- Willingness or an interest in balancing production work with project delivery/product ownership
Why work at Mint?
We’re friendly and supportive. Every Mint gets at least one week per month working on venture experiments. We have always gone the extra mile to support our team’s individual career and personal needs.
Mint is an independent product development studio. We have a deliberately small team. This means that every team member has a high degree of autonomy and in return must take a high degree of responsibility. As a result you will learn more at Mint than you would at a large agency.
We also build our own products and are one of a handful of agencies in the world ever to have done it from conception to launch, through growth and to exit. This means that you will get to experience what it’s like to work on a startup without having to commit to a single opportunity. Nothing will set you on a better course for starting your own startup or joining a Silicon Valley-backed later-stage company. Previous developers have gone on to land jobs at Twitter, Code Climate, HotelTonight and Twilio.
Our London office is at White Bear Yard, and we share with a great mix of startups in new technology and venture capital. We’re next to Leather Lane market, which is full of delicious street food stalls.
We have an office in New York and all of us work across borders, occasionally visiting each other to streamline sprints and lift spirits. Every year we go away to the countryside to work on our own projects for a week. One of our favorites is upvoter.co
More like this
- Senior UX Designer at Kalo
- Community Manager at Makers Academy
- Performance Marketing Lead at Nested
- Senior Front-end Developer at New Vector
- Lead developer for a financial forecasting product at Whitespace Ventures
- Brand Manager at Sensible Object Ltd
- Member Manager at Beam
- Communications Manager at Trussle
- Social Media / Growth Marketing Manager at Stitched