The Unit is a strategy, design and technology company based in central Brighton. We work on exciting and innovative projects, from Internet of Things prototypes to substantial digital change programmes. Our clients include household names in international finance, global energy and bespoke travel.
So why work with The Unit?
We’re growing and we want you to grow with us. Your career and personal development is a key part of the deal. You’ll get an annual training budget to spend on things that really interest you and help you to flourish.
We’re all about creative thinking. You’ll take part in regular Innovation Days and knowledge sharing sessions, so we really get to know what you're passionate about. You’ll also get the chance to take these ideas to the next level with leading-edge projects and new technology.
We are team players; there are no lone wolves in our pack. You’ll be working collaboratively with talented, creative colleagues and interesting clients who we see as partners, not just customers.
We’re a friendly bunch and love getting out and about. Whether it’s beer Friday, birthdays, bouldering, bingo or one of our legendary company jollies, you’ll get to know everyone really quickly (over sharing is something we’re working on).
So, if you think we can put your talents to work, then please get in touch.
As a developer you will deliver robust and scalable technical software solutions to global brands. You'll be a key, contributing member on assigned projects and work in close proximity with the Technical Director, an allocated Senior Developer and other members of the production department to deliver exceptional quality products.
You'll also ensure that development best practices are applied for the duration of the project, from the initial discovery phase through to project handover. You'll be required to attend daily client facing meetings and stand-ups with collegues and contribute ideas to the design and development of fit-for-purpose software solutions.
The Unit is a fast-paced agency environment so you'll need to have strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. We'll want you because you are passionate about new technologies, best practice and keeping cutting edge. Proactive about self-learning, up-skilling and knowledge sharing and continually looking for opportunities and ways to improve the team.
- Over a year of hands-on development experience with PHP and, Laravel Framework (or equivalent language / frameworks such as .NET or Java)
- Over a year's hands-on development experience of front-end development HTML, CSS, JS
- Exposure to Angular, React JS or similar frameworks
- Understanding of common software project management practices
- Understanding of common software development practices
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken to all project audiences
- Able to meet client and project deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skils
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, documentation and presentation ability
- Exposure to Mobile Application Development (iOS / Android)
- Exposure to Continuous Delivery & Automated Testing Approaches (Jenkins / Go, Cucumber / Behat)
- Experience using Agile Methodologies such as Scrum
More like this
- full-stack junior developer at Huckletree
- Senior Front-End Developer (Riga, Latvia) at KASKO
- Senior Software Application Developer (Full Stack) at Acknowledgement
- London Lead Developer / Architect for UX Studio at This Place Limited
- Full Stack Lead Dev for wicked AR/VR/MR Site at Reality Hunt
- Operations Executive at Kindred
- Senior Java Developer at Adaptavist
- Full Stack/Front End Engineer at Stepsize
- iOS engineer 💻 🍎 💕 at Monzo
- Content Marketing Manager at Ebsta