Orphidia is leading the development of next generation medical
technology which will transform medical testing and the healthcare industry.
Based in London and San Francisco, Orphidia is developing a marketplace
platform for on-demand lab tests. Our portable device can simultaneously run
all the common lab tests for liver, kidney, cardiac, thyroid, and hormone
levels with results provided within 20 minutes. Our technology enables faster,
easier testing to find and treat disease earlier, saving lives and reducing
medical costs. Orphidia is funded by well known Silicon Valley investors and is
targeting rapid expansion in the US medical market through its partnerships
with some of the leading US health systems. Orphidia's technology will change
healthcare, expand access to medical testing worldwide and enable the practice
of medicine to become truly information based.
An exciting opportunity for an individual with strong technical skills and attention to detail, to build and lead software development as part of the broader company development process. In your role you will:
· Lead: You will have the chance to build and lead your own team to deliver the software requirements of the company.
· Architect: You will be the architect designing the whole software implementation for our ground breaking medical product at all levels above firmware, to meet the FDA requirements and medical device CE marking.
· Participate: You will be expected to be open to new ideas and processes and fully support the wider team just as they will support you.
The ideal candidate will have gained some experience in software development for medical system. They will be a self-starter, able to plan their own workload, whilst mentoring juniors. The candidate must also have strong attention to detail and adopt a structured approach to design, testing and validation. Meticulous documentation practice is required. Finally, they will be able to adopt a can-do attitude to suit the changing priorities in a fast paced research environment.
Minimum 5 years recent software development experience.
Database architectures and interface.
Programming for mobile platforms iOS and Android (language of own choice).
Application programming for desktop OS Windows and/or MacOS (language of own choice).
General understanding of embedded software and devices.
Web/app front end design experience.
Building software according to medical device quality system requirements, preferably FDA, but CE mark also acceptable. Preferably you have been significantly involved in software quality system implementation.
Experience building HIPAA-compliant software systems including HIPAA cloud infrastructure.
Interface with electronic medical records.
Team player but able to work independently and without supervision.
Self-starter and active contributor to the development process.
Attention to details and high quality of own work.
Software team leading experience is an advantage.
For further information or to apply please send your CV to jobs-at-orphidia-com.
Job Type: Full-time
- software engineering: 5+ years
More like this
- Sr Backend Engineer at Cambridge Bio-Augmentation Systems
- Lead Software Developer at Flynotes
- Head of Sales at Debate Mate Online
- Junior Software Engineer at Cambridge Bio-Augmentation Systems
- Full-Stack/Back-End Python software engineer at www.cancergenomics.co.uk
- Product Designer (UX/UI) at Founders Factory
- Full Stack CMS Developer at Mathematics
- Software Engineer at Ding Products
- Junior PHP Developer at RED APPLE CREATIVE
- Account Manager at Kobas