Adarga - Helping Customers In The Defence & Security Sector
🚀 Are you a Back End Engineer who enjoys working in a flexible, Agile environment where you’re at the core of building mission critical advanced AI software that transforms the way our customers use data? 👨🏾💻
➡️ Are you highly motivated, disciplined and ready to roll your sleeves up? We're still TECHnically a start-up after all! 🙋🏻
I should probably tell you what we're doing now that all the important stuff is out of the way... cue drum roll...
Enterprise SaaS products that enable customers to analyse vast amounts of unstructured data faster, more accurately and more (cost) effectively.
The problem - Too much unstructured data!
- Defence, security and intelligence agencies analyse billions of data points a day to identify threats and proactively guard against them.
- Unstructured data, in the form of emails, documents, social media, web content, images and video is growing rapidly and represents a signifiant source of opportunity for all organisations.
- However, the process of generating actionable intelligence from unstructured data is time consuming and inefficient for human analysts.
The solution - identifying the needle in the haystack!
- Adarga uses AI to read and understand all of our customers' unstructured data, turning it into discoverable and actionable insights.
- With Adarga's powerful artificial intelligence, organisations become more efficient and effective at analysing large volumes of data.
- Responses to all types of threats can be made with greater speed, accuracy and reliability.
Okay back to the boring stuff.. here’s what you actually have to do for us…
Ps. We’ll still speak to you if you’re not an out of this world genius unicorn thing that ticks off all of this list...
You’ll spend most of your time building and shipping features in Adarga Bench (our web-based graphical workflow tool) and Adarga Engine (our API product), but you’ll also help our product teams understand what is possible and when. You’ll work in a Scrum team with your colleagues from other specialisms (AI and machine learning, natural language processing, security, frontend engineering, UX and infrastructure) to design, deliver and operate features from inception to production.
You’ll be building Java and Python services to run in our Kubernetes infrastructure, providing Engine endpoints for use by both Bench and our customers.
You’ll also be creating and reviewing design documents as well as code, and - alongside your team - take ownership of the products you ship into production.
As we expand, we’ll continue to build the team and you’ll be expected to mentor more junior members of staff.
We’ll work with you to understand what training and support needs you have, and provide budget to attend conferences. You’ll work with a supportive manager who is committed to helping you do your best work.
You’ll also participate in quarterly hackathons, where we take a break from the sprint rhythm, take some of those blue sky ideas, and make them happen. Or try to!
Adarga is one of the few companies in the UK making Artificial Intelligence work on the ground, today, in real products. Join us.
Technically, you’ll need to be comfortable with Java 8 and Python 3 (and a willingness to learn more as we keep our stack up-to-date). Experience with Node and TypeScript would also be beneficial.
You’ll have experience developing microservices, and be able to demonstrate an understanding of the benefits and challenges of modern distributed systems architectures. You’ll care about operability, quality and security because keeping the lights on has been your job.
Salary range £400 — 500
Dependant on experience. Looking at various levels.
More like this
- Back-end Developer at Rotageek Ltd
- Ruby on Rails Developer (CET - Remote) at Clevertech
- Backend Engineer (Python, Go, AWS) at Citymapper
- Senior Developers at VirtualSystems Limited
- Community Partner at Pirate Studios
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Talented Fullstack Ruby Developer at Homeshift
- Full Stack Developer at Zappar
- Customer Success Associate at OurPath
- Head of Design at OurPath