This is an exciting role for a talented developer, who wants to leverage their skills for good, to join our platform team. If you want to leverage your skills to help address environmental and social issues head on then this role is for you. In taking the role you would be joining a passionate, and fast growing, team that strives to continuously improve and applies these learnings to our work.
We are ideally looking for a Java Developer, or similar, who would be willing to cross-train to Salesforce to help us further enhance the capabilities of our proprietary sustainability platform. While the platform infrastructure is hosted through Salesforce, we maintain a unique technology layer that allows us to serve our clients sustainability needs. The work itself is highly bespoke and well suited to those with a desire to collaboratively solve hard problems whilst making a direct impact on some of the most pressing environmental and social issues we collectively face.
You will be required to input into discussions on data models, technical constraints of solutions and work very closely with our other developers and product managers.
It’s a very exciting time to be joining us as we have a passionate team working at the forefront of technology and sustainability.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Develop our platform capabilities – work within the Salesforce ecosystem to enhance our existing platform solution in response to defined requirements.
- Ensure quality in all work – adhere, and input into, development best practices and processes to ensure high quality delivery.
- Collaborate with the team – you will be required to collaborate closely with fellow developers, our product manager and the wider team to align on solutions.
- Execute according to priorities – we move quickly as a team and only work on requirements that have significant impact for us and our clients. We are constantly deploying improvements, and this requires dedicated focus.
- Master and mentor – as well as furthering the mastery of your skills you will also be expected to share insights within the team so that we all raise the bar.
- Java experience – ideally a minimum of 3+ years’ demonstrable experience of working as a Java developer working on enterprise solutions.
- Data modelling – you must bring a strong grasp of data modelling concepts and their applications to enterprise software so a strong grounding in Computer Science or equivalent is encouraged.
- Test–minded – our priority is to ensure that we build the most reliable software solutions possible. To ensure this we need you to have demonstrable experience of testing software with a preference for testing automation experience.
- Personal organisation – you get going quickly, executes tasks through great time management and collaborative prioritisation on a day to day basis via daily stand ups.
- Creative problem solver – we’re working at the forefront of sustainability and technology. We don’t have all of the answers and expect you to be an active part in helping to find them.
- Salesforce – if you have previous experience in Salesforce or have taken some initial training please feel free to apply.
- Up to £52,000, depending on skills/experience plus
- A career journey and personal development plan including details of the next promotion as soon as you start
- A mentor and regular personal development planning
- Personal training budget
- Pension plan
- Employee share scheme
- Smartphone and laptop
- Great office in central London
- Results based working
- 25 holiday days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular socials
Salary range £45,000 — 52,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior DevOps Engineer at Mattermost
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Full Stack Software Developer at CAST
- Product Designer at Encore
- Engineering Manager at Automata
- Client facing Frontend Developer at Day Digital
- Head of Sales at inploi
- Finance Manager at Playter
- Marketing Manager at Playter