Ten-time Webby award winning Freelancer.com is the world's leading freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace. A career with Freelancer.com exposes you to the fast pace of a global online business at its grass roots, designing and developing software and systems that drive our platform of over 23 million users. We also own and operate Escrow.com, a secure payments platform with over US$3 billion of transactions to date.
We opened our London office last year and we are looking for Polyglot Software Engineers, from junior to senior, to join the team. If you excel at architecting web applications at scale, enjoy the challenges of writing optimised lightning fast SQL for massive data sets, have experience structuring extensible data and application logic, and are passionate about designing high-quality service APIs then we'd love to speak with you. We are a small team of Engineers pushing code between 30-40 times daily, you'll learn from the best and have a huge impact on the company by developing the core products.
We work with cutting-edge tech in a high-performance cloud environment. You will be building features and systems that scale, you can ship code on your first day and get instant feedback from over 23 million users worldwide. We are built and run purely by Engineers and Data Scientists who work within a complete meritocracy, there is no better place to base your career and build yourself into a real polyglot expert.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with at least 2 popular web development languages (Python, Golang, PHP, Ruby, Node.JS).
- Relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL.
- Some experience with Linux is preferable.
- Tertiary Degree in Computer Science / Engineering (or Related). MS or PhD a plus.
- Strong background in web development at scale.
- Experience with any of: Nginx, Redis, Memcache, Varnish, performance tuning MySQL, ElasticSearch, HBase, Hadoop, etc.
- Also StatsD, Grafana, Prometheus and HHVM.
We'd love it if you have:
- A Github page with contributions to open source software.
- A portfolio which you can submit containing code which you have written. It can be anything at all but it should show off just how amazing your code is.
This won't be your typical cog-in-the-machine type of job. You will be exposed to the fast pace of a rapidly growing global technology company. If you're a high achiever with talent, looking for something more than a boring job in corporate, want to work with the best and brightest, don't need to be handheld, and want to be in at ground zero with a company that has a shot at being one of the biggest sites on the internet then please contact us.
More like this
- Lead Multi-disciplined Software Engineer at ProxiGroup
- Community Project Manager at Freelancer.com
- Full Stack Web Developer at myGiulia
- Senior C++ developer at ObjectBox Ltd
- Technical Marketer at Makers Academy
- Full-stack Lead Developer at AssetVault at AssetVault
- Technology Educator at Decoded
- Lead Technical Pre-sales Engineer at Cyberlytic
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business