Hexarad is a healthcare company. We're also one of the fastest-growing start-ups in the UK right now.
We read and report on medical scans, primarily MRI and CT. COVID has turbocharged the need for our services as private and public healthcare providers try to clear backlogs built up over the pandemic. We need engineers to help us grasp the opportunity.
- UK based remote, hybrid or London office-based position.
- £50k p/a
- Generous equity allocation
We are open to more salary and less equity, or vice versa. Want to work from Thailand for a month a year? Want to work 3 days a week? Want summer holidays off with your kids? Whatever it is, for the right person we will try to make it work.
Table stakes. You will...
- Know your way around Ruby on Rails and Postgres (or other mainstream relational DB)
- Write robust, well tested and well-designed code
- Deliver medium-sized features, with support from your colleagues
- Independently identify and solve problems.
Nice to haves. You might have...
- An interest in deployment processes: containers, CI/CD
- A track record developing multiple features concurrently
- Experience integrating complex systems; we work with large hospitals, transferring data is a challenge.
Day to day you might be...
- Writing an algorithm to suggest which doctors should report on which scans according to their capacity, skills and interests
- Adding new capabilities to the speech to text software our doctors use to dictate their reports
- Building a new feature to support our first international customer.
Why you should join us…
We genuinely improve outcomes for patients, today, every day. This isn't a "Someday in the future we'll cure lung cancer with artificial intelligence" play. We reported on 100,000+ scans last year, each one of them is a person who got their results faster because we exist.
The team are some of the brightest, most capable people I've ever met. Our Chairman Charles was Nelson Mandela's personal physician and our CEO Farzana writes national guidelines on AI/ML policy in healthcare. Amy, Sam and Jay are equally impressive.
Our investors are not high-risk VC funds where it's ok to see 99/100 investments fail - they only invest in companies and teams they believe will succeed.
On joining you will be awarded EMI options (highly tax-efficient equity) that vest over 4 years (with a 1-year cliff) and any vested shares can be left as options for up to 10 years. You earned them, you keep them.
Who we are
Our 4 co-founders are all NHS consultant radiologists. Being clinically lead comes out in our values, ultimately the company exists to improve patient outcomes.
We act with integrity. Everyone is empowered to shout about it if they think we are not meeting this ideal. We improve daily.
We optimise for team effectiveness, and tech innovation is vital for that. Where we can have a computer take care of a boring repetitive task we will.
We come from diverse backgrounds, equality is not just a woolly ideal for us. It makes us better at solving problems and more likely to succeed.
Salary range £50,000 — 50,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Software Engineer at NearSt
- iOS Developer at Pi-A
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Sales Development Representative at Marvel App
- Client Success at VeryConnect
- Senior Software Enginer at Hexarad
- Sales Development Representative at PayFit UK
- Customer Success Associate(German Speaking) Remote at ev.energy
- Customer Success Associate (Remote) at ev.energy