Lansing Proprietary is a data-driven investment manager specialising in the agricultural commodities that underpin the global supply of food, such as wheat, soybeans, corn and sugar. We combine a deep and specific understanding of these markets with expertise in state-of-the-art quantitative and statistical techniques, including machine learning.
Reliable and timely data feed the models that inform our multi-million dollar investment decisions on a daily basis, and our software platform robustly automates an increasing part of the collection and analysis of this data, as well as running and managing a suite of quantitative trading strategies.
We are searching for a talented and pragmatic software developer to join us as the third full-time member of our growing team in central London, close to Shoreditch and the City. This is a rare opportunity to work in a startup-like environment that combines the autonomy and breadth of responsibility of a role in a small, agile development team with the market proximity and excitement of a role at a trading desk.
- Experience of developing software in a collaborative environment, with a strong emphasis on quality and robustness
- Experience of manipulating large datasets
- A strong academic record, such as a master’s degree in a quantitative subject
- Commercial experience of back-end development in Python, and of modern technologies like Postgres, Docker, git and cloud platforms as well as asynchronous programming techniques.
- Comfort with DevOps
- An interest in financial markets and statistics
- A love of beautiful, well-tested code
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension contributions and the possibility of an annual discretionary bonus
- Lansing Proprietary is a subsidiary of Lansing Trade Group
- We are committed to building a diverse team
Salary range £44,000 — 52,000
Highly competitive salary + benefits + possibility of discretionary bonus
More like this
- Director of Education at Nomad MBA
- Lead Software Engineer - with CTO potential at Grow Biotech plc
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Strategic Business Development Manager at Gravity Sketch
- Software Engineer at Alterest
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer