Luno is a leading global cryptocurrency company operating across more than 40 countries and with offices in London, Singapore and Cape Town. We’re a profitable, growing company with over 2 million customers, and are backed by some of the top tech investors in the world.
Our products and services make it safe and easy for people and businesses to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Our vision is to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
To the moon! 🚀
We have multiple openings for senior software engineers in our brand new London office. These are in a range of teams including fraud, platform, payments, shield, onboarding, and crypto-security. With over 40 engineers based in our Cape Town office, you’ll be joining a group of highly motivated experienced developers who you’ll work collaboratively with across our currency exchange, fraud, payments and compliance pods.
As a small company operating on a global scale, you’ll immediately see how your contributions directly impact both our internal users and client experience. We make decisions based on facts, not fiction. Many of the problems we’re solving result in genuinely trail blazing solutions which can’t be found on StackOverflow; so we’re looking for an experienced engineer that thrives on working in a complex domain.
We use Go, microservices architecture (gRPC) and AWS, but if you come from a Java, Python or other relevant language we’ll help you get up to speed with our comprehensive engineering onboarding program.
How we work
We succeed as a team. Our teams are split into pods, each of which focuses on a specific aspect of our product. Any engineer is able to deploy to production, and we deploy multiple times each day. Your pod will include a product owner, back end engineers, Android and iOS developers, and web developers who each bring a unique perspective to the problem you’re all solving.
A typical day
- Join the pod’s daily standup to share progress and remove blockers
- Collaborate with other engineers on the design of a new payment integration to launch to a new market
- Write clean, well-tested code that directly affects users, the company and the Bitcoin ecosystem
- Grab lunch with the company (we provide lunch Monday - Thursday)
- Coach a team member by giving feedback on their pull-request
What’s in it for you
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging and developed markets, and scaling a global business. We provide great benefits and the autonomy to conceive and execute your own projects. Best of all you get to work with a diverse team of talented, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the world.
As a “Newnaut” we’ll fly you to Cape Town to meet the wider team, and go through our comprehensive onboarding program. We expect you to have a passion for blockchain and cryptocurrencies but we understand that this is a new industry so we’ll help you learn about how the blockchain works and understand all aspects of our business.
What you’ll need
Building a new financial system for the world requires a special breed of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. “Moontality” represents the ten core principles that underpin everything we do, setting us apart from the rest.
As an experienced software engineer, you’ll have:
- A solid foundation in computer science in areas such as algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Extensive programming experience in an object-oriented language. We use Go but we welcome applicants who have strong experience in other languages like Java, Scala or C++, etc.
- Proven experience of building, shipping and supporting a product
- An interest in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin
Don’t be put off if you don’t tick all of the boxes – they’re a guide based on what we’d love to see but we appreciate that great software engineers have diverse backgrounds.
Salary range £80,000 — 100,000
More like this
- React & React Native Developer at ev.energy
- Senior Account Executive at Textio
- Growth Manager at Enlitened (part of The Student Room Group)
- Talented Fullstack Ruby Developer at Homeshift
- Software developer at Applied
- Development Operations (DevOps) Specialist at Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG.ai)
- Business Development Associate at Dataswift
- Growth and Marketing (Associate!) at Dataswift
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Software Developer at Karakuri Ltd