Wagestream is a technology and financial services company with a social purpose.
We partner with employers to allow their employees to access their earned-but-not-yet-paid wages in real time.
Wagestream was founded with the desire to be a strong cause for social good, in making it possible for workers to gain fast access to accrued earnings. Our aim is to play a key role in reducing the global poverty premium and prevent employees entering cycles of debt, caused by high interest credit or pay day loans. We are proud to have a social charter in our articles of association.
We are a fast moving and dedicated bunch. We value individuality, honesty, integrity, a go-get attitude, team spirit and a sense of humour.
When an employer signs up for Wagestream, we integrate with their HR, WFM (workforce management) and Payroll systems so that we know exactly how much employees have worked and earned. Although we've done 100+ of these integrations already, each one is a little bit unique.
We are now expanding into Spain, and require a Software Engineer who is fluent in Spanish to supporting the integrations team, working with employers to integrate their systems.
Integration usually takes less than 1-2 days but sometimes can take a week or two. This means you will be juggling multiple concurrent integrations. The work is actually really fun, because every company uses slightly different terminology, jargon and data models, and the core engineering challenge is figuring out how to adapt and normalise these idiosyncrasies into a common framework.
The technology stack is AWS+Python+Postgres, but experience with those particular technologies is not required. You should however, have a strong command of SQL, and a strong command of cloud-based architectures.
We'd love to talk with you if you:
- Are tenacious in problem solving, both creative and willing to scalpels as well as sledgehammers to get projects over the line.
- Do not take no for an answer, and believe there's always a way to work around an obstacle and blocker in a project.
- Love getting your hands dirty at the intersection of integrating different systems and making that more efficient.
- Are humble and willing to go above and beyond guiding clients IT and software engineers around the best ways to get both our respective systems integrated.
- Collaborate with the IT departments at our enterprise customers, to get them ready for launch on our platform.
- Architect, develop, test, and maintain code to integrate with third-party WFM, HR, Payroll systems
- Contribute to the broader engineering team (best practices, tools, technologies)
- Requires travel to and from the UK, within Spain, and potentially other EU countries.
- 3+ years experience in professional software engineering, professional services environment preferable
- Mastery of the fundamentals of consuming APIs. REST, XML, yes even SOAP -- you should be comfortable consuming any API
- Ideal candidate will have experience in working within AWS. We are heavy users of DyanmoDB, SQS, S3, SES, Lambdas, API Gateway, etc
- You must be fluent in Spanish, both written and verbal.
Salary range £50,000 — 70,000
Apply for this job or share it