Daye is a pre-launch female healthtech startup developing a platform for women to take control of their health through improving product offering and screening accessibility.
We are currently developing the world’s first plastic-free, pain-relieving tampon: we use natural fibers, as part of our commitment to environmental sustainability, in our tampons and infuse them with pharma-grade, hemp CBD to offer an immediate, effective form of pain relief.
We are a team of 18 based in South London and have raised over $8M from leading investors such as Index, Kindred and Khosla.
About the Role
Daye is looking for a backend engineer to help build and scale our backend infrastructure and services.
You’ll be working with the Head of Engineering across all of our medical and ecommerce products to maintain and build out all of our backend services and the complex interactions between them. You’ll work with every other team within engineering - from product to data - to help build and scale the platform our products sit on.
What you will accomplish
• Building highly secure services (we will be handling medical data);
• Designing and building simple APIs for our frontend and app team;
• Improving performance with investigative work;
• Troubleshooting problems across distributed systems;
• Deploying software to improve availability, scalability and efficiency;
• Understanding and automating away common problems;
• Investigating and fixing performance issues.
• Knowledge of Unix fundamentals;
• Good understanding of common backend languages and the nuances of scaling/containerising them (node, python, docker);
• Understanding of TCP/IP networking;
• Fluency in one or more programming languages, and writing clean and effective code;
• Experience with building and maintaining relational databases;
• Experienced with GCP or AWS;
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
• Self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude;
• Deep intuition and passion for b2c products and user experience;
• Entrepreneurial in spirit with experience in startup environments.
• Python & Node;
• Google Cloud Platform;
• Competitive salary;
• Stock option plan;
• A casual, dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment;
• Flexible hours;
• Health insurance;
• Unlimited holiday days;
• Maternity and paternity leave;
• Company events.
All levels encouraged to apply.
Salary range £45,000 — 65,000
More like this
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full Stack Developer at Ayima
- Software Engineer at RMP Enterprise
- Senior Product Designer at Bark.com
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- Data Scientist at Ratio
- Senior Product Manager at Trint
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- WordPress Developer at Lattimore and Friends
- Account Executive at Workable