Stratford | London | 11- 30 employees
BuffaloGrid is on a mission to bring mobile power and internet to the next billion. We have developed a solar-powered, internet-connected system that helps organisations deliver mobile phone charging and connectivity services at scale. We’re a diverse group of designers, developers, strategists and operations specialists based across offices in London and Delhi. We are supported by a lot of innovators including UK Government, Microsoft and some of Europe’s leading venture funds. We are using technology to make the world more socially and economically equal.
We unite around our values. Read more about our values here and why they matter.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be building our APIs and infrastructure that will help solve problems for millions of users operating in remote and challenging environments. This is a great opportunity to help us build and shape the service as we scale-up.
Your day to day will include…
- Work within a lean process to help analyse user stories, and implement and release features.
- Contribute to Software Architecture and Design.
- Develop, test and maintain APIs for our Cloud Platform that interface with the web and our Hub hardware device.
- Design and run unit, performance and integration tests.
- Perform code reviews, and guide and mentor junior engineers.
- Collaborate with external technology partners and customers on integrations and updates
- Work within a DevOps environment to monitor and troubleshoot productions systems and customer deployments.
- Work as part of an anti-disciplinary team involving Product Management, Infrastructure, Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing and Field Operations.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of using frameworks to build RESTful and Messaging APIs such as node.js.
- Development using Cloud platforms such as Azure, especially if you’ve had experience of Azure IoT or AWS IoT.
- Experience of SQL databases and languages such as PostgreSQL.
- Code versioning tools such as Git.
- Structured approach to software engineering.
- The ability or desire to work within a lean (Kanban) or agile process and an understanding of how this helps software development.
- Practical experience of or a desire to work with DevOps tools such as Terraform.
📈 Equity in the company through our employee share scheme
🌴 25 days of annual leave + national holidays
📓 £500 Personal Development budget (Events, Online courses, IRL courses)
📚 £150 Reading Budget (Books, Audiobooks, Newspaper & Magazines)
🧘 £500 Mental and Physical Wellbeing ( Books, Newspaper Subscription, Audiobooks)
🌄 Annual Away days for a two-day break
🎢 Team Moments! Secret surprise moments throughout the year (theme park, wine tasting or axe throwing)
🚉 TFL Travel Card Load
💻 Your choice of laptop - Windows or Mac
🚲 Access to reduced price bicycles through the UK government Cycle to Work scheme
More like this
- Junior R&D Tax Consultant - Technology at The Accountancy Cloud
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full Stack Developer at Ayima
- Growth Marketing Manager at Finance Unlocked
- Marketing Analyst at Vitl
- Senior Developer / Team Lead at Spork Digital Ltd
- Business Development Manager - Space Hunter at Appear Here
- UX/UI Designer at iSi GmbH
- UX/UI Manager at iSi GmbH
- SEO Analyst at iSi GmbH