Buyapowa is a technology company based in London, with offices in Paris and Vancouver. We operate the leading global refer-a-friend platform, which allows brands and retailers to identify their biggest advocates, then motivates and rewards them for introducing new customers. Plugging seamlessly into an existing website or app, the Buyapowa platform does more than merely ask customers to refer their friends - it incentivises and equips them to share again and again.
Since launching in 2011, Buyapowa has worked with over 100 of the world’s largest brands and retailers, including Sprint, Gap, Vodafone, First Direct, Expedia, Telefonica and BT. Following the acquisition of Canada’s RewardStream in 2018, Buyapowa is well positioned for strong growth in the North American market and beyond.
Globally, we’re a team of 30 employees and we’re growing quickly. We’ve won awards both for our technology and our work with clients. And we’re passionate about what we do - so we like to get things done - but, at the same time, we have fun as a team and thrive off each other’s energy.
Being a key member of the Product Team you will support Sales, CS & Tech teams to manage a broad range of client accounts. Using Buyapowa’s technology to help clients create and run their own refer-a-friend programmes online, in-app and in-store.
Understanding the Buyapowa platform and being a technical ambassador; the first point of call when someone needs to understand the basics of how the technology operates.
Ensuring that clients get the most out of the platform through guiding them through our on-boarding process and jumping back in to assist if there are issues once live. Helping clients run successful campaigns by guiding their tech teams through our simple technology solutions, ensuring that they realise all of the current and upcoming platform features that they could use.
What you will do:
- Be our platform operator Showcase the technical side of our platform; you’ll champion our integration and design features built by the product & development team which link up to client systems.
- Help new clients on-board Work directly with new clients and Buyapowa Implementations team to understand their needs and assist with smoothly on-boarding our technology. Understanding web technologies will greatly help with the role, as often clients will have questions about embedding HTML pages and how to make light visual / CSS tweaks to their campaigns.
- Assist our sales team with technical queries You’ll use your product knowledge to help when a potential client has technical queries about how the solution works or new ideas about how they could integrate.
- Produce Process Flows: You will assist sales and implementation team with creating technical process flows to be shared with prospects and clients. Maintain and update a library of standard flows and control any variations that are shared with clients.
- Engineering solutions: Attend meetings with clients and prospects to ensure the optimal technical solution is achieved for both client and Buyapowa
- Provide support to live clients When there’s a technical issue, you’ll jump in and help our live clients sort it out, escalating to our development team when required. You won’t need to get down to writing back-end code to sort out issues, however understanding what’s possible is certainly a bonus.
- Investigate technical issues When an anomaly is spotted with a client’s typical customer journey, usage frequency or monthly effectiveness of the platform, you’ll be on the front line to monitor what’s gone wrong. You'll make the call for whether it can be fixed simply using the platform's features, or whether it needs more intense support; are there technical issues to be fixed by development, a design issue blocking customers from understanding what's what, or a marketing issue in which we can make some much more modern suggestions?
- Help us to build a really awesome product. You have a passion for turning your experiences with clients into learning and insight used to improve the Buyapowa product. Our CTO will work with you directly to identify gaps and opportunities within our own technology, using your technical insight to help to plan upcoming new features
- Detail orientated
- Client facing
- Able to express technical solutions easily (in dance)
- Able to explore and solve technical issues
Bonus points for:
- Being good at solving puzzles
- Preferring simple to engineered
- Enjoy asking questions to learn
Why you’ll love us:
- You’ll be part of a small, competent and highly ambitious team
- You will own initiatives and have the autonomy to execute your plan
- Be part of a rapidly growing business expanding internationally
- A [email protected] account for significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership
- Excellent tax-efficient equity scheme
More like this
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full Stack Developer at Ayima
- Junior R&D Tax Consultant - Technology at The Accountancy Cloud
- Software Engineer at RMP Enterprise
- Senior Product Designer at Bark.com
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- Data Scientist at Ratio
- Senior Product Manager at Trint
- UI/UX - Product Designer at Got-it
- Data Scientist @ YC / Innovate UK funded startup at Got-it