Notbinary are a fast growing technology consultancy focusing on lean software, data engineering and automation.
Our pragmatic but principled approach was forged at the front-line of Government digital transformation over the last decade and now we are helping clients in multiple industries.
We help organisations think big, start small and stay the course.
- Hands-on agile squad leadership either as a product or delivery manager
- Understanding of agile working rather than specific Agile™ frameworks
- Experience of working agile within non-agile / waterfall organisations
- Experience operating within a ‘team of teams’
- Define the roadmap for any given product/service and ensure this is broken down into actionable, user-centric tasks
- Facilitate the agile planning process and communicate that to the client
- Hiring and managing specialist digital teams
- Work with the Delivery Director(s) to ensure that squads deliver on time and on budget
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (Alpha/Beta/Live) according to the definitions laid out in the Government Service Standard (regardless of whether it is a Government project)
- Be the voice of the project for Notbinary - managing communication with the client and the rest of the company
- Knowledge of the Government Service Assessment process
- Experience working directly with senior clients and managing their expectations throughout delivery
- Work with our Growth Partner to help with proposals, pitching and identifying opportunities - influencing the work we bid for and helping the company succeed.
- Experience working with client teams to support business cases and planning
- Ensure the team lives up to the ‘Code of Conduct’
Our Delivery Leads undertake a range of work. Often you will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary squad working to delivery specific outcomes for the client, other times you might be working alongside client staff to enhance their delivery capability. Whatever you find yourself doing your team(s) and clients will look to you to provide expertise and guidance in these ways of working.
We have written a series of blogposts explaining more about this role, how it fits in with our squads approach and ways of working at Notbinary. Also for those considering working on the supplier side for the first time we have also written out what to expect.
Additional information is available on the original job description.
This is important —>
Travel is required. Projects are usually at client offices, so our staff need to be flexible and up for extensive travel. Most of our people travel every week and travel home for weekends. We do our best to take people’s personal situations into account, but we know it’s not for everyone.
We describe our work pattern as the ‘3-4-5 rule’ -->
- 3 nights in an hotel
- 4 days in a client office
- 5 days billed
We follow this pattern as much as possible so our staff can maintain a sensible work-life balance. However, the needs of our clients take priority so make sure you're comfortable with this before applying.
Salary range £60,000 — 70,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at CAST
- Chief Marketing Officer (B2B SaaS) at Intruder
- Full Stack Developer at Ratio
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Front-end developer at Browser
- Software Engineer at Orkestro
- Implementation Engineer at re:infer
- Junior Developer at Arkk Solutions
- Head of Research & Development at ihorizon
- Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps at Arkk Solutions