About Cambridge Bio-Augmentation Systems (CBAS):
We are a leading neural engineering startup, creating the open standard hardware and software interface between the human nervous system and machines. Our team combines a unique software stack with applied materials, software engineering, machine learning, neuroscience, and the experience of our clinicians and surgeons to solve the complex problems of successfully integrating bionics into the human body.
Joining CBAS means joining an incredibly talented and motivated group of people who share our vision of pioneering an industry. Team members range from highly talented engineers and developers to experienced clinicians. We have a range of ages, nationalities, and backgrounds working with us, and the team is close to 50/50 female to male ratio. We have a fun and friendly atmosphere but challenge ourselves every day and are committed to the work. You’ll often find us chatting through interesting problems over a coffee or beer at the local Cambridge pub or at our monthly team outings. We are looking for people who will fit into our diverse, fun and stimulating company team culture, who are focused on overcoming challenges, and want to grow along with the company.
Successful candidates will: take incredibly complex problems and work to find elegant, simple solutions work in an open environment; care deeply about changing the way we treat chronic illness and helping to make real world change; and have a desire and belief in achieving the impossible.
About the role:
We are looking for a senior backend software engineer to work on exciting projects based on our innovative neural engineering work. The role is varied, with a focus on the backend of our digital branch.
Main duties and responsibilities:
This will involve the development of a robust backend for digital heath applications. The Senior Software Backend Engineer will be involved in the growth of the team which will include the mentoring and professional development of junior members, assist with recruitment and help define and maintain the development standards and technologies adopted.
Essential skills and qualifications:
· Software engineer experienced with large-scale software systems
· Programming experience in Python, C++ with a desire to learn new programming languages
· Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, open source operating environments, distributed/parallel computing systems, data visualisation, information retrieval and/or networking
· Thorough understanding, working experience and demonstrable ability in researching, designing and writing new software programs
· Have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problems and determining their solution
· Working knowledge of test-driven development
· Understanding of issue management systems such as JIRA
· Experience of working with Agile software development methodologies
· A good understanding and aptitude for maths
· Experience in mentoring and the professional development of teams
· Java and front-end programming
· Working knowledge of source control management such as Git
· Familiarity with AWS, Trello, Slack
Competitive salary depending on experience. Also includes equity and bonus-based remuneration.
Other benefits include:
- Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field
- Dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team
- Inclusive company culture
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Additional employee benefits
Preferred start date: ASAP
Location: Cambridge, UK
Please send a CV and 300 word cover letter to [email protected] to apply.
CBAS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Junior Software Engineer at Cambridge Bio-Augmentation Systems
- Full-Stack/Back-End Python software engineer at www.cancergenomics.co.uk
- Machine Learning Engineer at Klydo
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business
- Technology Educator at Decoded
- Back-end Engineer at Hero
- Senior Front-end Developer at New Vector
- Senior Frontend Engineer at Simudyne
- Full Stack CMS Developer at Mathematics