London HQ 🌍 New York, Melbourne + Boston | 50-100
Our ‘Why’, ‘How’, and ‘What’
ihorizon is your accounting partner to accelerate your business growth. Gathering years of experience and expertise in scaling tech businesses, and weaving them into impressive and intelligent finance solutions, we specialise in accounting and innovative finance solutions for entrepreneurs and startups in the tech industry.
Our vision is to be the founders choice for startup accounting. How? By providing no-nonsense finance solutions, we share knowledge & innovation across our network, and enable the best of the world’s startups to achieve their own vision.
Our values guide how we work together, define our internal culture, and help us achieve our goal
Do you want to work in a team of motivated and talented individuals and partner with some of the world’s fastest growing tech startups such as Songkick, Mixcloud, and Patch? We put partnership at the heart of everything we do, that’s why you will interact with founders, financial directors, CFO’s, and office managers right from the start and help businesses grow from within.
You're interested in...
- All things entrepreneurship and startups, check out this inspiring read our friends at Tech Nation recently released: Upscale, the book.
- Helping to build successful businesses in the tech space, using the newest technology on the market and creating innovative finance solutions to accelerate business growth.
- Truly partnering and interacting directly with inspirational founders and high-growth teams.
- Never standing still - you’re learning and growing fast and everyday, personally and professionally, whilst enjoying a fun and vibrant environment.
- Being purpose driven and values based in everything you do.
- Simplicity, humour, and embracing individualism - you want to bring yourself to work.
Working with us means...
- Helping some of the fastest growing tech businesses in the world scale up through innovative finance solutions and services.
- Gaining experience first hand - we partner directly with founders and entrepreneurs, take initiative, and solve problems together.
- Being exposed to different areas - we are not just a service function, our clients look to us for advice and guidance on all things accounting and finance.
It's a perfect role for a recently qualified accountant with stats experience, looking for the next step in their career. You'll be joining an expanding team and have a big hand in the way the department runs and grows.
growth. Perhaps you're coming from a solid practice background or you've delved into industry and decided you miss the diversity of clients :) Either way, we need people who are experienced in working with multiple clients
A day in the life of a Statutory Accountant
You’re a trusted advisor and client partner in the truest sense and you want to get stuck in immediately? As a Statutory Accountant, you own a diverse range of startup clients and working with 2-3 talented people from the get-go.
You'll be working with our awesome compliance and stats team, reporting to the Director of Statutory Compliance.
Your typical day to day tasks include:
- Review lead schedules prepared by the management accounts teams and clients as appropriate
- Review and carry out reconciliation checks on items such as: fixed assets, payroll and VAT returns
- Prepare statutory accounts and file it with Companies House
- Prepare corporation tax computation and file tax returns
- File confirmation statements and PSC returns
- Review workplace pension compliance
- Past experience for preparation of statutory accounts under FRS102
- Past experience in preparing simple corporation tax return
- Liaise with the client and other departments/team to obtain all relevant information
- Prepare and file various accounts and return
- Follow up with Co House and HMRC where required
What we offer you
🚀 An opportunity to work with the world’s leading tech startups.
⚖️ Autonomous and flexible work style - 2 WFH d/m and flex start & finish times each day (+-1). We don’t need time sheets to be at our most efficient!
🍕 A fully stocked kitchen for breakfast & lunch.
🎉 Frequent socials including team sports days, retro video game competitions, drinks, and dinners thrown by our very own social committee.
💚 Green Team - environmental catch ups and initiatives.
💻 Tech - all of the latest tools you need to get the job done.
🌟 Personal Development - we’re harnessing a culture of learning and want you to have the chance to become a leader from day 1.
💸 Profit Share - after 1 year service, you’re eligible for our profit share scheme.
💎 Pension plan with a 3% employer contribution.
🌴 22 days’ holiday a year (plus UK public holidays), and Xmas eve to NY office closure.
More like this
- 😇 Support Specialist at Beam
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Backend Developer at Marvel Prototyping
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Account Executive at Workable
- Junior DevOps Engineer at Yapily
- Brand, Community and User Research Internship at Daye
- Software Engineer, Backend (Mid-level) at Daye
- Audience Development Manager at Parli