PetaGene's award-winning software is
at the leading edge in the rapidly growing market for optimising genomic data,
helping to make personalised, precision medicine affordable for everyone. We take bulky, noisy genomic data and make it smaller, faster and better for applications spanning genetic disease and cancer diagnostics to pharmaceutical research.
This isn't a web or app company. We solve really challenging problems that no-one has ever solved before. We're looking for smart, creative developers with C/C++ expertise to join our small team. We seek candidates with the ability to quickly learn new skills and to be able to independently research new areas, as needed, for solving challenges. As a startup, we also expect everyone to take on a diverse set of responsibilities.
This company is backed by Entrepeneur First and by a high profile US VC fund. It is an opportunity to make a big impact at an early stage company, to tackle important problems that our customers face, and to personally grow as the company grows.
We prefer candidates with a strong technical degree in a relevant area or with relevant work experience. We value candidates with graduate degrees (Masters or PhD) in related areas, but this is not a requirement for the role.
The successful candidate will have experience and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- C/C++ development experience
- Linux scripting and build systems: GNU Make, Shell (Bash/Csh)
- Commercial software development and code base maintenance
- Software build, deployment and test
The following skills are also valued, but not core to the role:
- Skilled at designing new algorithms
- Experience with Linux library system
- High performance computing
- Bioinformatics tools or pipelines
- GPGPU acceleration
- Virtual File-systems
Pay will be negotiated based on an applicant's skills and experience. Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] or click Apply below.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Lead Full Stack Developer at Live Better With
- Startup Studio Full Stack Developer at Founders Factory
- Software Engineer at CognitionX
- Senior Developer at Applied Works
- Tech Lead / Senior Software Engineer at Arkgo Ventures
- Fullstack Python Software Engineer at WeGift
- Web Developer (FinTech, Stock Options) at Expend
- JAVA / Full Stack Developer & Technical Lead at Spork Digital Ltd
- Web Developer (React.js) at Whitespace Ventures
- Operations & Marketing Executive at Public