Join a small and growing Ruby team within a growing VC-backed techstart-up
As we continue to grow, we’re looking for a talented full-stack Ruby on Rails developer to work in a hyper-collaborative and creative environment. You’ll be a key member of the team developing our main product, Homeshift. Our product is already used by thousands of customers, and with your help, we’ll move it into a market leading position. Homeshift’s core values are about collaboration and taking the initiative; we’re not just looking for someone who can write code but someone who can be part of the conversation and contribute meaningfully to achieving the team’s goals. You’ll bring smarts, passion and creativity to the table to help us figure out the best way to delight our end users and clients.
If you are a passionate Developer and think you have the skills, drive and talent to help us, we’d really like you to get in touch!
Homeshift is a growing tech startup that helps consumers combine ‘must have’ household services such as energy, internet and insurance into a single subscription, visualised on a home dashboard, to give consumers better value services, faster customer support and a simpler experience. We are venture backed by funds such as Seedcamp and prominent angels who were behind businesses such as Skype, Findaproperty and Prime Location.
API design and development
CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
Database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
Frameworks related to their server-side language of choice like: Express.js, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP, etc
CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
You’ll be part of a small Ruby on Rails development team; the work will be varied, with each week posing new challenges and exciting opportunities to contribute to the business’s growth. We work to a service oriented architecture and are passionate about designing & maintaining technology solutions that best support our business needs. As an engineer here, you’ll be able to work directly with anyone across the business and with some really exciting product development opportunities coming up in our roadmap, it’d be difficult not to get hands on straight away collaborating and building awesome new features for our customers.
Skills & Experience
• A minimum of 2 years of web development experience using Ruby on Rails
• Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical colleagues
• Ability to collaborate with others and work independently
• A pro-active, resourceful and inquisitive nature
• Able to keep to agreed deadlines
• Calm and focused under pressure
• Ideally knowledge and experience in building web API
• Service Oriented Architecture experience (also Microservices)
• A good level understanding of Ruby on Rails framework
• Familiarity with AWS/Google cloud environment (AWS is desirable)
• Database knowledge and experience (Postgres is desirable)
• Competitive compensation package, equity options scheme and perks
• Unlimited holidays
• A great working environment where you can make a real impact
• Gym membership
• Monthly team outings
• Paid team volunteering
• Team breakfasts, snacks and booze (beers with peers)
• Weekly social tabs
• L&D budget
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- React & React Native Developer at ev.energy
- Senior Account Executive at Textio
- Backend Engineer (Python, Go, AWS) at Citymapper
- Head of School Partnerships at ImpactEd
- Software developer at Applied
- Development Operations (DevOps) Specialist at Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG.ai)
- Business Development Associate at Dataswift
- Growth and Marketing (Associate!) at Dataswift
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Software Developer at Karakuri Ltd