At Augnet, doing things a little differently is core to our values and culture. We enjoy working with people who stand out from the crowd. We value the unorthodox ones who get excited by change, the people who love to help others, who know that emotional intelligence connects us to our partners and colleagues better than a high IQ. The ones who see things differently. When we say we are going to change a $72 billion industry, you should be intrigued and crave to discover more.
SMS / texting - perhaps not the most exciting industry at 1st glance. But perception starts to change when we see that the industry has annual revenues exceeding $72 billion and is growing 7% year on year. The growth stems from Application to Person (A2P) messages and covers messaging events such as 2 factor authentications, app verification, marketing, appointment confirmation etc. There has also been a tremendous lack of innovation over the last 25 years, creating pent up demand for differentiated services.
Building on our extensive knowledge and experience in the Telecoms industry (CEO & COO are ex-Skype), we’ve secured Patent Pending for our technology and are currently closing an investment round. Augnet has a service that will do to the SMS world, what VoIP did to the voice world. This service is gaining interest from some of the world’s biggest tech companies.
Who we’re looking for Tech Lead:
We are an early stage exciting and innovative start-up looking for a passionate, energetic, people-focused, experienced hands-on Tech Lead (potential track to CTO) to help us launch our core IP to the world.
Over the next 6 months and beyond you will architect, design and lead implementation and operation of our platform. You will have excellent current knowledge of cloud infrastructure, 1st party front and back end systems build, 3rd party systems integration and mobile application SDK development and integration.
Make no mistake - this is a hands-on role, but we recognise that you might need help with some areas, so we expect you to be able to hire and lead a small engineering team.
You will also be the face of our technical team and be expected to work with business and technical stakeholders as well as technical partners effectively.
- A strategical start-up mindset but an appreciation for corporate tech environments
- Cutting edge knowledge and technical design experience for modern N-tier cloud-based architectures
- Experience designing for non-functional requirements such as security, performance, scalability, monitorability and quality of service
- Excellent knowledge of networking and infrastructure
- Excellent knowledge of building frontend and backend business systems
- Excellent knowledge of systems integration
- Good understanding of native Android development
- Experience in running agile SDLC
- Understanding of deployment approaches and real time cloud operations
- Experience hiring and leading performant engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills including working with IRL and remote business and technical stakeholders including C-level, running workshops and presenting
- A solid grasp of current data protection regulations
- Ability to control budget
- A BSc/MSc in computing or engineering
If this sounds like something you’d be excited to get stuck into, let’s talk.
Salary range £60,000 — 100,000
Great exposure, working with some of the world's largest tech' companies
More like this
- Senior Account Executive at Textio
- Backend Engineer (Python, Go, AWS) at Citymapper
- Growth Manager at Enlitened (part of The Student Room Group)
- Talented Fullstack Ruby Developer at Homeshift
- Software developer at Applied
- Development Operations (DevOps) Specialist at Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG.ai)
- Growth and Marketing (Associate!) at Dataswift
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Software Developer at Karakuri Ltd
- Full Stack Lead at Stairway