Decoded is a global technology education provider that creates learning experiences for businesses around the world. Our mission is to be the world’s greatest technology educator, and to change the way people interact with technology.
We are looking for a Teacher to facilitate our best-in-class data and technology workshops to leaders in some of the biggest companies in the UK and around the world. Your time will be spent preparing for delivery, teaching workshops and providing internal training.
Over the past year, we have translated our products to virtual and created outstanding, interactive experiences for our learners. As a Teacher, you will continue to support our progress, defining best practices and honing our remote workshops. As we transition back to in-person, you will get the opportunity to deliver in front of live audiences and may have the opportunity to travel around the region and beyond.
Curious about our style of teaching? Watch this video to get a taste of what we do.
You’ll be working alongside industry-experienced technologists, data scientists, mathematicians and scientists. You’ll also join a rich network of industry specialists who work with us delivering workshops to business leaders across the globe.
Who are you?
- You have a strong background in data science and technology
- You are familiar with the use of Python for data analysis
- You have a passion for sharing knowledge with others
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- You enjoy public speaking OR are desperate to improve
- You are obsessed with learning and teaching
- You are confident, empathetic and passionate about working with others
- You are highly organised and motivated
- You are passionate about creating a social impact
Our working hours are from 9am-6pm Monday-Friday. We are currently working a blend of remote and office working. Remote and flexible working has always been part of our culture and will continue to be encouraged. You will be in control and responsible for your time. You plan your working day around the best outcomes for success, identifying and prioritising projects against business needs.
Learning & progression
We run a dedicated learning calendar to hone craft skills in teaching, leadership, strategy and other relevant disciplines.
Quarterly reviews embedded within our culture of feedback will ensure you are recognised and rewarded for the value that you bring to Decoded.
Apart from the above, working at Decoded means you’ll get:
- 28 days holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 bank holidays. We also close for two full weeks at Christmas, at Decoded's discretion
- Flexible working including work-from-home
- Modern, fully serviced offices at Fora
- Free monthly lunches, fresh fruit every day, drinks and snacks
- Company pension contributions
- Private health care including dental, GP and hospital cover and a gym discount to help you prioritise your wellbeing
- Travel insurance
- A huge array of social events including themed Christmas get-togethers and a summer away day as well as monthly drinks and activities
- Continuous learning and development through monthly training sessions focussing on data science and teaching, plus bespoke training, coaching and development to allow you to reach your potential. You will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects in an environment that encourages learning, creativity, personal growth and collaboration
- Cutting edge software and kit, always
Your interview process
Phone call: you will speak to our Facilitation Manager and be asked a series of questions in relation to your background and experience, and will be given an insight into Decoded and the Teacher role.
- Interview: you will be asked to prepare two 10-minute presentations to deliver at a Zoom meeting with the Teaching Director and a Product Director. The first presentation should be on a topic you are passionate about, and is designed for you to showcase your delivery style. The second presentation is a teaching exercise, where you can demonstrate your ability to explain complex topics and bring abstract, technical ideas to life. The team will also ask a few questions about your experience and ambitions.
Salary range £35,000 — 45,000
Dependent on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Software Engineer at NearSt
- iOS Developer at Pi-A
- Sales Development Representative at Marvel App
- Client Success at VeryConnect
- Senior Software Enginer at Hexarad
- Software Engineer at Hexarad
- Sales Development Representative at PayFit UK
- Customer Success Associate(German Speaking) Remote at ev.energy
- Customer Success Associate (Remote) at ev.energy