BRB’s goal is to make travel something you experience, not something you plan. In August 2018 we launched as the world’s first travel subscription platform; providing our customers 3 short breaks a year for a monthly fee. We looked at the last 20 years of innovation in the travel industry and realised nobody had tackled the most painful part of travelling - actually booking it.
With BRB we strive to make it possible to book your next getaway in 60 seconds, so all our customers need to do is turn up at the airport and start their adventure.
We’ve been highlighted by Skift as one of the top startups to watch in 2019, featured on CNBC and written about in major publications like the Guardian and Telegraph. With a fast-growing user base of customers excited for their next adventures with us. Our goal is to revolutionise the way millennials engage with travel, by making it social, mobile and effortless. We fundamentally believe seeing more of the world shouldn’t be a black hole in your monthly budget, or a full-time job to organise.
We’ve got from 0 to 1. Now we need to go from 1 - 10 and beyond. If your passion is in building products from ideas into scalable solutions, this is the perfect role for you. As a tech lead at BRB, you will be responsible for building out a robust and scalable system for sourcing, booking and managing travel for a fast-growing user base with a lot of complex needs. You will be proficient across all aspects of development, from infrastructure to backend and frontend.
- Have complete ownership of the technology implemented at BRB - we fully expect this role to grow into our CTO position.
- Work with the founders to shape the next phases of development and experience.
- Work with the operations team to identify technological solutions to roadblocks and implement them.
- Initially 80% implementation, 20% high level thinking, management and planning. As the team grows expect to shift toward management.
- Build out our payments infrastructure to better manage and administer our subscription base, allowing for multiple tiers / additional payments / self-serve management.
- Build or implement a travel appropriate CRMSave people time
Technologies currently used at BRB
- Backend:Django, Zappa, AWS cognito, AWS Lambdas, Stripe
- Other:GitLab (for version control & CI/CD), PHP, AWS Cloud infrastructure (EC2, Cloudfront, Cognito, Route 53, S3 etc.), Contentful
What we've currently built
- Subscription billing
- Customer preference and data collection
- Trip creation and booking
- Trip joining
- Online guides
- Reveals w/ hotel and flight information
- Transactional emails
- Referral Mechanic
- Trip sourcing tools
- You love learning new things and applying existing knowledge to new problems.
- You are solutions orientated - if you see a problem, you’ll think of a way to fix it.
- You are an owner. You don’t wait for other people to tell you what to do.
- The perfect process doesn’t exist. You constantly think about ways to improve your day to day environment and business processes.
- You like thinking of all the possible edge cases.
- You understand that tech-debt is a reality of moving fast, and how to manage it so that it doesn’t slow us down in the future.
- You can explain complex technology non-technical stakeholdersYou have a customer-centric mindset. BRB is here to make people’s lives easier - and you want to be part of that journey.
- Experience of payments infrastructure, Stripe, e-commerce and subscription billing platforms is a bonus but not essential.
- Experience in travel is a bonus but not essential.
- We’ve got to where we are with a team of 5 people, this means everyone pulls their weight across different business areas.
- Now that we’ve secured funding, and in preparation for our Series A we want to build an exceptional team to propel the business forward and own each discipline to create operational excellence.
- Use the product you built. 3 weekends away every year on us.
- Be part of a thriving community of startups at Founders Factory, with the opportunity to learn something from another business every day.
- Flexible working hours - we know not everyone is a morning lark.
- Generous Equity percentage (We want you to have a seat at the table)
- Regular events and talks as part of Founders FactoryMentorship through other engineers in the Factory environment.
- Learn what it takes to build a brand as big as Airbnb or fail trying.
- Free tea and coffee, breakfast every morning and lunches on Thursdays and Fridays.
Salary range £40,000 — 50,000
Apply for this job or share it