To lead and grow Entrepreneur First’s internal technical team. You’ll be the primary decision maker on all technical aspects of EF products, and be ultimately responsible for their delivery.
Entrepreneur First supports technical individuals to build startups that solve big, important problems. These companies work on everything from how to help charities raise more money, how to reduce waste in manufacturing, to how can we launch low cost satellites into space. Entrepreneur First has been running for 5 years, and has already helped hundreds of founders build companies.
The systems that the tech team builds for EF ultimately enable these smart, technically-minded people to take control of their careers and build their ideas out into businesses they own. This ranges from dashboards to facilitate team-building on the programme, to tools to help our internal Talent team source the world’s best technical talent. The tech team's purpose is to support every aspect of this process, and to capture and leverage the best dataset around startup formation in the world.The role.
We’re looking for an experienced, adaptable and proactive engineer. You will lead the prioritisation, specification, and development of internal and external-facing products, but will also still spend a lot of time getting their hands dirty on the codebase.
You’ll be working alongside a team that really cares about the work we do and the impact we can have. You are someone who will be proactive in thinking of, and driving through, new ways tech and data science can improve EF. This means proposing tech to open up entirely new areas of business value for Entrepreneur First, and seeing insights in the data we collect which help us develop the way we run our programme and support our entrepreneurs.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Implementing new features, improving existing functionality, optimizing our tech stack, participating in code reviews
- Shipping and taking ownership of our internal and external software products
- Working with team members across the business to scope out new projects and gather requirements.
- Championing a data-driven mindset and engineering best practice
- Growing the technical team, including interviewing and mentoring new hires
- Ensuring the engineering team delivers on schedule and completes work in the order that maximises value for the business
- Supporting the talent team with technical interviewing and assessment of candidates for the Entrepreneur First programme
Skills and experience required:
- Strong experience working as a software engineer on the full-stack of web-based products
- Experience leading and mentoring high quality teams, and instilling a mindset of engineering excellence (e.g. TDD, pairing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience shipping products using an agile development process
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in or founding a startup
- An understanding of Clojure, or experience of working in a functional programming paradigm
- Experience in data analytics or business intelligence
- A technical PhD
- Product management experience
What you’ll get:
- Competitive remuneration, including stock options.
- Feedback and progress reviews every 6 months.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Book and training allowance
Entrepreneur First is the best place for Europe’s top technical individuals to meet, and build world-changing startups in London and Singapore. We help 100 of the smartest technical individuals build their companies from scratch, often before they have a team or an idea. We’ve created 100 companies so far, now worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and have produced $250M of exits.
Equal opportunities & monitoring
We believe in equal opportunities and value diversity at EF. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are signatories of the Tech Talent Charter. The information we collect around gender, nationality, and ethnicity helps us monitor and improve our application process, and does not affect how we consider your application. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide it.
Salary range £80,000 — 100,000
+ Stock Options
More like this
- Lead Developer (remote / flexible) at Happity Ltd
- Lead Engineer at FLYT
- Front End Engineer at Vidsy
- Full Stack Developer at Circles
- Software Engineer (Back End) at Vidsy
- React Native Engineer at OnCare
- QA Engineer at Vidsy
- Python Developer at Threads Styling
- Lead Designer at Kindeo
- Full Stack Developer at Unmind