Hi there! We're Founders Academy, a startup that's on a mission to reimagine business education for the future of work and society.
Backed by Brent Hoberman (founder of lastminute.com & MADE.com), Founders Forum, a private network of the world’s leading tech entrepreneurs, and an all-star cast of angel investors, we sit at the heart of Europe’s tech ecosystem.
In January 2020, we successfully launched an alternative-MBA programme in partnership with London's leading tech scaleups including Depop, Bulb, and Ada Health. In light of the pandemic, we believe there's a historic opportunity for us to shape the future of lifelong learning, at a globe scale. As such, we're taking the business in a new direction. We're accelerating our ambition to productise our curriculum and open it up to the world via a groundbreaking new mobile app.
Landing page for the new product here: https://useframework.com. Think about it like "The Calm for business education."
We're a growing team with extensive leadership experience across tech, innovation and education, and we care deeply about bringing out the best in everyone around us. We're a group of infinite learners building a culture that's inclusive, collaborative, and wildly ambitious.
Do you want to join us? 🙌🏽
We're looking for a senior full-stack lead engineer who will be the first technical hire for our company. You'll be reporting directly into Asha Haji, our co-founder & COO (& acting CTO), but since we're a small team, you'll be working closely with everyone, including our seasoned CTO advisor, Joel Chippindale.
In the next 12 months, you will be...
- Working closely with our co-founders to drive the product development process.
- Architecting and building the codebase from the ground up for our cross-platform mobile app.
- Selecting the key technologies that we'll rely on for both our mobile app and website.
- Setting up all of our development practices (code reviews, test and deployment pipeline, etc.)
- Helping us attract and hire other exceptional engineers to complete the team.
To be successful in this role, you will need to...
- Have significant experience developing cross-platform mobile applications, particularly with React.
- Have significant experience developing server-side applications in a widely used programming language.
- Be accustomed to collaborating with engineers, product managers and designers to take an agile approach to solving problems and delivering value to both the business and customers.
- Be an effective listener and communicator with other engineers, the wider company and customers.
- Be a pragmatist, who understands the trade-offs between different software development choices and makes decisions that work best for the team and the business.
- Have a startup mindset, and embrace the process of rapid prototyping for product experiments before laying solid foundations for sustainable code.
Where is the team based?
We're currently located at the Founders Forum HQ on Kensington High Street with our sister companies. In light of the pandemic, we’ve taken on a hybrid working model. We typically meet in-person once a week on Mondays for strategic planning and collaborative problem-solving sessions, and spend the rest of the week working remotely. We're keen to work with everyone on the team to have a home office setup that's optimised for you to do your best work.
We're a mission-driven, early-stage startup. If you're looking for ping-pong tables, pub crawls, and other startup clichés, then this role probably isn’t for you.
If you're looking to join the early team of a company that has the platform and ambition to shape the future of lifelong learning, then we can offer you:
- £80-90K salary
- significant equity
- the chance to build from scratch, with no legacy infrastructure
- the chance to shape a product that could be in the pockets of millions of learners all over the world
- the chance to define our engineering culture
- a warm welcome into the Founders Forum Family
How do I apply?
We're taking applications on a rolling basis. So, if this sounds like the career-defining adventure you've been waiting for, apply here today. Please note, we're unfortunately not able to sponsor visas directly. A successful applicant must have authorisation to work in the UK. We look forward to hearing from you!
Salary range £80,000 — 90,000
Plus significant equity; package commensurate on experience
More like this
- Amazon Pathways Operations Internship 2021 - DE at Amazon
- Area Manager 2021, Pipeline to the Pathways Progra at Amazon
- Senior PHP Developer at Ticket Tailor
- Full-Stack Developer at People Matter Technology
- FS/React Native Developer (1 Senior/1 Junior) at Optimum Health
- Data Engineer at Everpress
- Business Developer at Snowball Creations
- Design and No-Code Apprentice at SIDE Labs
- Business Development Executive at Metadvice
- Head of Engineering at Harper