Simply Business – We are looking for a Tech Lead
If you’re smart, passionate about technology and enjoy solving complex technical challenges then you should apply to join our best-in-class tech team. We believe that people are our most important asset and one worth protecting. As such, we’re known for creating an enviable working culture to keep our employees smiling on a day to day basis.
In fact, our impressive and enjoyable working culture has earned us 1st place winners in the ‘Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work for’ – two years in a row for 2015 and 2016!
- Being an architect with great judgement who can design and implement complex company-wide systems
- Leading tracks of Developers and Product Owners, responsible for technical delivery
- Championing Agile, Build-Measure-Learn and creating amazingly useful systems in a collaborative way.
- Highlighting areas for continuous improvement & drives their prioritisation (e.g. areas requiring major refactoring)
- Working with business to clarify requirements at the onset of projects and suggest different technical approaches.
- Active involvement in recruitment, line managing, onboarding and team reviews.
Some things we believe in
- Creating an best-in-class engineering culture – Agile / Lean / TDD / Continuous Delivery (we release software to production about 10 times a day on average) / Cross functional teams / pair programming / cross functional teams working together on projects (Dev/QA/UX/product) / Active participation in open source
- Never chaining ourselves to a technology – always experimenting and ‘using the right tool for the job’
- Thought leadership – we host meetup groups and present talks in our office and the community
- Creating a great working environment and culture (modern open plan office, flexible hours, remote working, regular team events, paid company holidays abroad, afterwork clubs – like UX, Robotic, Data science clubs, ruby coding challenges over pizza, lunchtime TED talks and lot’s more!)
- Continuous learning – we look to pay for conferences and courses. Recently we have sent some of our Devs out to Miami, Portugal and Barcelona for tech events and conferences (paid for).
What we are looking for
- Experience of leading teams (ideally cross-functional project teams)
- Proven architectural skills
- A superb level of coding ability
- Strong understanding of Agile, Continuous Delivery and TDD
- Strong experience working in an environment of cross functional teams
- Someone with the ability to challenge processes, suggest new ways of working and propose new tools/technologies which could benefit the business.
- A strong personality to be able to drive change across the organisation where needed
- Ability to set the vision and drive cultural change across the organisation
- An advocate of open source and ‘using the right tool for the job’
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with business and management teams
- Strong attention to detail
Our tech stack
What we can offer
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- A multi-award winning working culture and environment
- Life insurance, pension scheme & childcare vouchers
- A ‘pick & mix’ benefits package consisting of:
- Gym membership
- Private medical care
- Dental cover
- Extra holidays, and more!
- Money back on daily well-being costs (massage, contact lenses etc)
- A fun & social working environment
- Company trips abroad (paid for!) – We’ve been Brussels twice and Barcelona over the last few years!
- Career development – we look to fund relevant training courses and conference
- Free daily breakfast, snacks & hot & cold drinks
- A company that drives continuous innovation with forthnightly and annual hackathons
Awards and Achievements
- Winner of the ‘Top 100 Best Companies to Work for 2015’ – Sunday Times
- 3 Star (highest) accreditation in “Best Small Companies to Work for” – Best Companies Ltd 2015 & 2016
- Business Intelligence Project of the Year – Tech, Data & Analytics Awards 2015
- ‘Best Use of Audience Insight’ – Digi Awards
- “Use of Organic Search (SEO)” Dadi Awards
- Accredited “Geared for Giving employer” – outstanding contributions to charity
- “Most Agile Aware Organisation Award” – Agile Awards
- “Best Use of Mobile Technology Award” – Technology in Insurance Awards
- Named in the “Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA”
- Listed in “Sunday Times Tech Track 100” for fastest growing technology companies
Where we are
Bank, City of London.
How to Apply
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH UNICORN HUNT ONLY. WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS MADE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO ENTER ONTO OUR CANDIDATE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. THANKS :)
Due to the volume of applications we receive across the entire business, we unfortunately cannot respond to each applicant with individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days then please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Salary range £75,000 — 100,000
Dependent on experience - 75K - 100K
More like this
- Senior Front End Developer (React) at Festicket
- Senior Back End Developer (Python/Django) at Festicket
- Customer Success Manager at JOOR Inc.
- Customer Service Manager at Midrive Limited
- Senior Software Engineer at Spektrix
- Tech Co-Founder / Tech Lead at Onigo
- Director of Product at Decoded
- Senior software engineer at Timewith
- Integrations Manager at JOOR Inc.
- Product Manager at infogr8