Are you an experienced developer looking to take the next step in your career as a Technical Lead CTO co-founder of a promising startup?
About us: STORYSKIMO is building the first podcasting platform for children _ Youtube of children audio_ with a mission to help children become confident communicators through the power of audio.
**What we are looking for**:
* We are looking for a tech co-founder to become our Technical Lead CTO (Chief Technology Officer) and our first technology go-to expert. It is important that you can balance the right amount of lead architect, developer, solution architect, DevOps, engineering lead, team lead, and business driver. The weighting on responsibilities is heavily focused on the actual technical output of the company and making decisions in the best interests of the company on technical matters.
* Communication skills are vitally important; to deliver direction, understand real problems, and identify solutions with a clear understanding of the risks attached. Such things may need to be communicated to the internal engineering teams, to a board, or other fellow colleagues.
* As a CTO, you will play an integral role in setting the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth. In this position, you will oversee our overall technology development and technology utilisation plan and manage all information technology resources of our company.
**More specifically, you will**
* Lead the strategy for technology platforms, partnerships and external relationships
* Represent the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions
* Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
* Develop, track and control the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
* Manage and optimize infrastructure assets to satisfy internal financial targets
* Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence
* Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics
* Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
* Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
* Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
* Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
**You must have/be**
* Solid experience as tech lead or CTO with at least 5 years experience as a software engineer
* Hands-on, coding daily
* Experience as DevOps, Kubernetes/Docker for scaling infrastructure, some basic Cyber InfoSec experience to build secure apps
* Full stack developer with fluent knowledge of MERN stack
* Technical degree in a software or engineering related field. Or the equivalent vocational degree from a development institute like the General Assembly etc.
* In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
* Hands on experience with complex project management
* Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
* Excellent organizational and time-management skills
* Effective negotiation and vendor management skills
* Proactive problem solver
* Attention to details.
Salary range £40,000 — 80,000
Dependent on experience and equity
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Front End Web Developer at Rasa
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Coding Coach at Sigma Labs
- Front-end developer at Taylor/Thomas
- Senior Product Designer (Product Team Lead) at Helical Levity Ltd.
- Full stack developer at Una Health
- Team Lead at Butternut Box
- Front end/Full stack developer at Propeterra
- Full Stack Engineer at Applied