Archangel Imaging is a startup building AI-enabled camera systems for remote areas with poor connectivity. We solve the challenge of monitoring large remote areas, using our system, along with robots, drones, human teams, and a smart web dashboard to coordinate everything easily and quickly for different missions. We have worked on World Record projects and have developed unique machine vision payloads including a multi-spectral imagers featured at Dubai’s Robotics for Good award in Feb, 2017, Innovate 2017 exhibition and won the BT Augmented Intelligence award in 2018.
We are looking for a driven professional with experience delivering complete embedded devices, including hardware (mechanics, electronics) and software. Such devices will include our smart cameras and communications devices, capable of being deployed in remote places.
The ideal candidate will be very hands on, capable of prototyping devices, for example by designing circuits, selecting and integrating components, implementing software, selecting RTOS, and designing PCBs and 3D models. Production devices would be produced by partners, so the tech lead will own and manage the end-to-end partner delivery from requirements to acceptance.
Experience with IoT, wireless technology, computer vision and machine learning platforms would be highly beneficial. Depending on your specialities you could be contributing in other areas of the business.
Translate high level requirements into specific device design requirements
Support the other development teams with rapid prototyping:
- Design and prototype electronics systems
- Design and prototype embedded software
- Design and prototype hardware enclosures
Source components and devices from partners
Find and review key suppliers to act as partners
Set partner product requirements (cost, design, test and acceptance etc.)
Manage and review partner deliveries
Manage hardware/system integration activities
Manage risks to the hardware device plans
Liaise with other development teams to ensure a complete system design and delivery
Manage equipment cost estimates and tracking
Oversee junior/temporary device developers
HIGHLY RELEVANT SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
- At least a degree in a science/engineering related subject
- Experience delivering functioning consumer/B2B hardware solutions
- Strong logical and mathematical skills
- Strong skills with embedded software and hardware
- Strong skills in low power electronic engineering for embedded devices
- Strong organisation skills
- Strong prototyping and problem solving skills
- Customer engagement experience
- Good communications skills to work with suppliers and outsource
- Good skills in hardware design and manufacture
- Working understanding of modern embedded wireless systems
- Understanding of relevant standards such as IP ratings, CE marks, EMC etc.
- Working understanding of PCB design and manufacture
- Working understanding of 3D modelling and manufacture(CNC, 3D printing)
- Strong skills working with camera modules and interfaces
- String skills with wireless technologies and standards (LoRa, Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G, Bluetooth etc.)
- Strong skills in PCB design and manufacture
- Strong skills in 3D modelling and manufacture(CNC, 3D printing)
- Experience with renewable energy solutions
- Experience with battery technologies
- Good skills in thermal modelling
- Good skills in power profiling and power optimization
- Good skills in embedded software optimization
- Experience using IoT technologies in a commercial project
- Drone / UAS design/development experience
- We work around delivery-focused, agile sprints, with a sustainable work-life balance.
- You will be making impact early and regularly - build your skills, while drive the technology forward and change the world.
- Potential bonus and equity for excellent impact
- Options for flexible working hours, (some) working from home
- Travel and training bursaries, as needed
- Gym discounts, cinema half price forever, free phone insurance, shopping and supermarket discounts plus many many more!
- The buzzing Harwell Space Campus (the UK future answer to Silicon Valley) with regular events on site (networking, workshops)
Location: Our core team is currently based in Harwell Space Campus, with near-term plans to move our office base to central Oxford/ London. Full time remote work is not currently possible. Depending on the projects, there will also be overseas travel; for 2018 this will likely be Malaysia (Dubai in 2017 and Belgium in 2016).
Questions? Please write to recruitment [at] archangel [dot] im. This role will close once suitable applicants are appointed, with the start date negotiable.
Data protection: To comply with data protection laws, we keep all candidates' personal data confidential and secure while their applications are being considered and remove such data as soon as possible once a decision has been reached.
TIER 2 SPONSORSHIP
We are only licensed to sponsor candidates who are already in the UK on certain visas that can switch to Tier 2.
All candidates requiring tier 2 visa are welcome to apply and will be considered alongside all other applications, but please note that the limited numbers of sponsorship certificates would need to be reserved for exceptional talents. In other words, the non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. Those currently exempted from this test are in-country Tier 4 visa holders, for example. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website
**No recruitment agencies please**
Salary range £45,000 — 60,000
Dependent on contributions and impact
Apply for this job or share it