Technical Lead - Python
We are looking for an experienced Python developer to help us further develop our business mileage reporting system and to expand its functionality into associated business services to widen our core offering. As a backend developer and tech lead you will play a key part in a small team that get to set AutoTrip's future direction.
- Systems design: Design/improve our systems architecture, design for handling growing user base/scaling within the constraints of a startup budget.
- Design database schema, manage schema changes and migrations.
- Build backend services for real time message processing, batch data processing, geospatial services for geocoding/map matching/routing etc.
- Develop REST APIs to allow internal and external applications to interface with Autotrip's core geospatial database.
- Be the lead contact for a feature from idea to design, implementation, testing and production deployment and support.
- Contribute to infrastructure planning, build, opsec practices and reliability engineering.
You need to be an expert in Python programming. You are keen to explore new technologies but know when to use the right tool for the job. You’re comfortable with the flat and self-organising nature of a small early stage business team. You can figure out solutions by yourself but know when to ask for help. You are personable, a good communicator and comfortable working in a small team.
- Python experience.
- Knowledge of concurrent programming idioms in Python.
- Comfortable in a Linux environment.
- Awareness of general web/ops security concepts.
- Experience in database design.
- Bonus Points For Experience in:
- Query/performance tuning in Postgresql or similar RDBMS.
- NoSQL DBs.
- Geospatial databases. e.g PostGIS on Postgresql.
- ORM. e.g SQLAlchemy.
- Python micro web frameworks. e.g Flask, Bottle
- Linux server build, maintenance and task automation.
- Planning for disaster recovery - automated backups, buil automation
- AWS/Google cloud.
Above a fantastic opportunity of making a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution, AutoTrip is offering the following;
- £45k to £60k depending on experience
- Excellent short-term career advancement for the right person (potentially leading to CTO)
- Employee share option plan (after qualifying period)
- Opportunity to join an early stage business poised for expansion
- Working directly with the MD and senior management team
- Flexible Hours
- Great people & team culture
- 25 days annual holiday allowance
Led by a serial entrepreneur, AutoTrip is a London-based technology business in the rapidly evolving ‘internet of cars’ market. We’ve built a cutting edge geospatial platform focused on automating a business’s transport administration through machine learning. Our first step has been to create a workflow product that fully automates the mileage expensing process for the 12 million employees in the U.K. that drive on business. We’ve got to where we are with funding from from a wide investor base, and we plan to raise more funding in coming months.
Our goal is to create a successful business based on our foundations of ethical and philosophical thinking, sharp technical skills, and flawless execution. We want each team member to be a key contributor to the future success of AutoTrip, working hard to achieve this and having fun in the process.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Salary range £45,000 — 60,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Technical Lead at Urban Intelligence
- Experienced Software Developer at GrowthIntel
- Technical Lead at Full Fact
- Senior Backend Developer at Karhoo
- Technical lead/Architect at *Research
- Back-end developer at Browser Group
- Senior Developer (node.js, React, Python) at Motorway
- Software Engineer at FundApps
- Product Engineer at Hubble
- Platform Development Lead at Stratajet