Desana is a fast growing technology company based between London, Edinburgh, and Stockholm servicing customers in over 40 countries and nearly 100 cities (and growing) globally.
We make it easy for distributed teams in scaling tech and enterprise businesses to access high-quality workspaces — from an hour to a whole day — anywhere, at the touch of a button.
We reduce commutes, and give people more choice and autonomy in where they can work, and in doing so, reduce real estate overhead for their employers by drastically increasing workspace efficiency.
The office space industry is being completely disrupted by a changing world, there has never been a greater need for it to evolve. We’re building the technology infrastructure to facilitate this evolution, and are building a world class team to help us deliver it to some of the most exciting companies in the world.
About the Job
You’ll join our remote team of software developers who need help with managing different commitments, as well as working alongside them (and our customers) to manage a portfolio of projects identifying risks and coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery.
We’re operational in over 40 countries, and are onboarding some of the world's largest employers (including S&P 500 companies) as customers. Being our first Technical PM, there is ample opportunity for bringing in your own ideas for improving workflows and managing our capacities, as well as being part of an amazing team making a big impact at a global scale.
- Be the lead project manager for multi-site delivery projects ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget.
- Responsible for managing deliverables across multiple technical projects at any one time
- Risk assessment of projects and collating work effort for any out of scope projects
- Balancing internal stakeholder inputs against the scope
- Prioritise tasks for other teams based on project delivery
- Be the first point of contact for assessing project inputs or delays
- Experience of software development and application rollout.
- Previous experience of planning and delivering a variety of enterprise scale Infrastructure focused projects across at least one of the following: Cloud Technologies, Dynamics, Data / IoT or Application Development
- Relevant methodology training and/or certification (such as Agile, Prince 2 etc) is advantageous.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- You love to learn and continually develop yourself and your wider team.
- You enjoy having fun, work well with others and are a team player.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Based in a timezone between UTC+0 and UTC+3.
Your career and progression are massively important to us.
That’s why we’re building complete career progression transparency—mapping salaries and company share options to every stage of your development—so that you know exactly how you can progress, and how much you’ll be paid when you achieve your goals. We also happen to be a leading company in one of the biggest market changes in history…
Salary and Progression
Pay and Share Options have always been a bit of a dark art
We strongly believe the dark needs some light. That’s why we’re building tools to facilitate complete salary transparency and progression paths so that you’ll always know how you can grow and what it will mean when you do.
It doesn't matter who you are and what your background is - so long as you have the right skills and are a great team player, we believe that you should be paid fairly and the same as everyone else at your level.
Based on our framework (which computes above average salaries for your role across a number of sources and applies factors to account for things like your experience, seniority and location), your salary for this role will be between £51,671 to £68,310 depending on your experience and location.
Here’s what we have for your so far (but we want to add to our benefits all the time as we grow)
- Your salary
- Plus regular salary reviews measured against transparent, clearly defined milestones and market benchmarks.
- With company performance related bonuses - when we do well, you do well.
- Not to mention Share Options in our company that grow as you do.
Flexible working hours
- We’re a company built around the idea of flexible working. We don’t just sell the dream, we live it.
- As long as you’re hitting your targets & covering your contracted hours we’re easy about when you work - it’s what works best for you.
- You’ll get free access to the Desana app to work from wherever’s most convenient or best for you. Anywhere.
- Or if working from home makes most sense for you, then feel free to work from home. Just know that you’ll have the option to use any of the spaces in our network.
- You’ll officially get 28 days in your contract.
- Unofficially, we’re pretty relaxed. If you’re doing a great job and not taking the mickey, who’s counting?
- Also, take your birthday off, no questions.
- Meaningful work with people who care.
- We work with you to set and achieve your professional and personal goals.
- Friday afternoons are dedicated to personal development - read, meet with mentors, listen to Podcasts, jump on YouTube - but there’s one catch: it has to be relevant to your role & we want to hear what you’ve been learning so we can all benefit and grow too.
- Personal budgets for books, training courses and conferences for everyone.
- We offer a 4% employer contribution (we pay you 100% of your salary, then 4% extra into your pension).
- We use SMART Pensions because they invest in passive Index Funds that are relatively low cost - meaning they should (note the emphasis on should) provide better returns than actively managed funds in the long-term.
- We’ll automatically enrol you but you can choose to opt-out if you’d like.
Like most companies at the moment, our team is entirely remote, and so is our interview process. You’ll need access to a device for video calls and a good internet connection.
- Initial application (short questionnaire that’ll tell us a bit about you)
- Initial video call (30 minutes)
- A short test that’s related to the challenges we face at Desana
- Role specific interview (1 hour)
Salary range £51,000 — 68,000
Depending on experience and location
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Programme / Operations Manager (part remote) at Sigma Labs XYZ
- Community Lead at Count
- Full-stack Engineer at Count
- Marketing Lead at Count
- Sales Lead at Count
- Digital Marketing Consultant at Conversion Rate Experts
- SEO Manager at TodayTix Group
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Teacher - Data & Digital Mindset at Decoded
- Product Manager at Steer73